Considering making a new full OoT mod....

haddockd

Question

You guys/gals know the drill. Problem is that I have been out of the game for too long. I have the debug rom and ppf-o-matic...but that is pretty much the end of it.

I know I could read a LOT of threads and gather the info the old fashioned way, but if someone could give me a good list of the popular (working) tools we use nowadays for mods...I would appreciate it.

Back in my day it was ZLE2, ZAP2, UoT and a hex editor...lol

I suppose I am asking for a list of the new tools that I can use to make my modding easier. Links would also be nice ;)

Thank you but please stay on topic :)

Also I never noticed you could see who reads your topics but doesnt reply...shame on you senior members who looked but didnt post...lol

I know I am being lazy but was hoping someone could save me some time.

• Like 1

Any help is good help...could do without the "duhh" though :)

I suppose this is my fault for not being specific enough. I was basically seeing if there was a comprehensive list of all the new tools that have been released lately by Jason777, sanguinetti, xDan, etc. I was hoping to avoid having to dredge through tens (if not hundreds) of threads to find them, what they do and how they work (with links of course).

If something like that doesnt exist...it probably should...right?

Interface Lift - For making custom interface gameshark codes.

Pierre's Ocarina Studio - Making Custom Ocarina songs. Note, not the best piece of software; Probably stick to using a Hex Editor.

Scroll of Time / Majora - A GUI Application used for editing text in both Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time. If you have problems with this, because it lacks support for some things, Try using DeathBasket's Text Tool.

Hylian Toolbox - An application in it's infancy state that can currently be used to either create new, or edit old Hierarchies and Animations. This can also rotate or scale display lists.

DeathBasket's InstEd - An advanced application for converting Custom MIDIs into zelda sequence files. This can also be used to insert ripped sequences from Majora's Mask.

Model2N64 - Used to convert OBJ files into custom F3DZEX Display LIsts for use with either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask

SorataVSE - Simply a viewer for actors with proper matrix rendering.

I hope that can get you started, at least. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

Interface Lift - For making custom interface gameshark codes.

Pierre's Ocarina Studio - Making Custom Ocarina songs. Note, not the best piece of software; Probably stick to using a Hex Editor.

Scroll of Time / Majora - A GUI Application used for editing text in both Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time. If you have problems with this, because it lacks support for some things, Try using DeathBasket's Text Tool.

Hylian Toolbox - An application in it's infancy state that can currently be used to either create new, or edit old Hierarchies and Animations. This can also rotate or scale display lists.

DeathBasket's InstEd - An advanced application for converting Custom MIDIs into zelda sequence files. This can also be used to insert ripped sequences from Majora's Mask.

Model2N64 - Used to convert OBJ files into custom F3DZEX Display LIsts for use with either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask

SorataVSE - Simply a viewer for actors with proper matrix rendering.

I hope that can get you started, at least. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

Mind if I add that to the tutorial thread? I'll add a section for advanced users who need quick access to the tools.

Note that currently Sorata is merely a viewer and is supposed to become more than that.

Also, SayakaGL, level editor akin to UoT but with less features. Most recent "inofficial" build (supports more stuff like transition actors, was never 100% tested): http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/SayakaGL-v011x.rar

http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/728-modding-programs-database-z64

Programs that aren't on that list:

[*]LACE

[*]Hylian Toolbox

[*]Hylian Cartographer

[*]OoT InstEd

[*]Interface Lift

[*]Pierre's Ocarina Studio

[*]Scroll of Majora/Time

[*]MMMusic2OoT

[*]Airkita's Value Editor

[*]Model2N64

[*]SorataVSE

[*]Flotonic's Display List Porter

[*]A bunch of tools made by SoD/Kaminotamashi

And then there's the two programs I've made...

ZAO-ADD: Object/Actor Adder (still undergoing updates). Link: http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2078-zao-add-z64-automated-actor-and-object-adder/

z64-tex-ext Injector: a buggy piece of software that works to implement spinout's z64-tex-ext hack. Basically it puts animated textures into maps. It works sometimes. Link: http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/1639-z64-tex-ext-injector-c/

I'll update my post with links to the programs not listed at a later time.

http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/728-modding-programs-database-z64

Programs that aren't on that list:

• LACE
  • Hylian Toolbox
  • Hylian Cartographer
  • OoT InstEd
  • Interface Lift
  • Pierre's Ocarina Studio
  • Scroll of Majora/Time
  • MMMusic2OoT
  • Airkita's Value Editor
  • Model2N64
  • SorataVSE
  • Flotonic's Display List Porter
  • A bunch of tools made by SoD/Kaminotamashi
And then there's the two programs I've made...

ZAO-ADD: Object/Actor Adder (still undergoing updates). Link: http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2078-zao-add-z64-automated-actor-and-object-adder/

z64-tex-ext Injector: a buggy piece of software that works to implement spinout's z64-tex-ext hack. Basically it puts animated textures into maps. It works sometimes. Link: http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/1639-z64-tex-ext-injector-c/

I'll update my post with links to the programs not listed at a later time.

I'll add some of the ones that I missed onto the tutorial thread. Do you want me to add the buggy program though, just for completions sake? I can mention that it's semi-finished.

I didn't realize there was another topic on this, but I guess with it being from 2011, it needs a refreshing update, lol. Plus with it pinned, you won't have to search through the topics.

Jason777,

Any way of getting brief descriptions in that post so folks know what those programs do? Many of them do not have names descriptive enough to be useful.

Also what is LACE?

Most of those programs aren't worth your time and are very old. LACE is an ancestor of Hylian Toolbox used for creating custom animations for Link.

Most of those programs aren't worth your time and are very old. LACE is an ancestor of Hylian Toolbox used for creating custom animations for Link.

Well, for such a big list of tools, which are the once that you would need to edit just about every thing in LoZ(without using most of the old tools of cores) (I know this is more of Haddockd's question to ask, but I just want to know too ^_^ )

I use Utility of Time is by far, my most-utilised tool. You can do so much, such as alter graphics and collision of a map, change the look of characters/weapons/objects, and alter actor placement.

Utility of Time by cooliscool (I don't know how you guys feel about him, though. I remember reading an argument between him and Soul of Deity on YouTube) is just an excellent tool all-around.

I use Utility of Time is by far, my most-utilised tool. You can do so much, such as alter graphics and collision of a map, change the look of characters/weapons/objects, and alter actor placement.

Utility of Time by cooliscool (I don't know how you guys feel about him, though. I remember reading an argument between him and Soul of Deity on YouTube) is just an excellent tool all-around.

When it works though. It doesn't work on my computer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.