Hylian Toolbox

SanguinettiMods

I can't get the ocarina of time models exported from the toolbox to import into anything. That's for Maya AND Sketchup. I looked at the .obj file in notepad, and it looked to be in a different format than the luigi model, which DOES load up in sketchup (but again, not in Maya) 

I can't get the ocarina of time models exported from the toolbox to import into anything. That's for Maya AND Sketchup. I looked at the .obj file in notepad, and it looked to be in a different format than the luigi model, which DOES load up in sketchup (but again, not in Maya) 

.OBJ is .OBJ. Try Blender. I'll list it as a potential bug; With that, could you also tell me what you exported and tried to import?

I was following the tutorial. I exported obj_ Anubis and tried to import the same obj file into both Maya and Sketchup. When I did so, there were no errors, it's just nothing showed up at all. 

SketchUp can't import object files natively. It could be likely that the plugin you were using has a fault. I'm not sure about Maya. Like I said, please try importing it into blender and exporting it as a .3DS. Then import that back into SketchUp. This problem will likely be fixed in the next release. Please bear with it! :)

Version 1.2 Release!

Changes since Hylian Toolbox Version 1.0

• Keyframe generation.
  • Matrix rendering.
  • Matrix creating.
  • Improved Display List detection.
  • Buttons work perfectly.
  • Clicking the "Apply" button after rotating or scaling a Display List no longer saves it to the file automatically.
  • The object can now be translated during its animation.
  • No more problems with saving hierarchies over and over with each added limb. (Reported by Jason777.)
  • Hierarchies now include the byte that says the number of limbs with Display Lists. (Reported by SoulofDeity.)
  • Even though this was taken care of in a later release of Hylian Toolbox Version 1.0, Sting_Chameleon must be credited for constantly testing the new versions of the program that I built until we finally got the font issue taken care of on computers that do not support non-power-of-two texture dimensions.

•  
  • Like 6

Topic cleaned

The derailing conversation on Flotonic's ethics on the future development of this tool have been split into a separate topic. If you want to talk on ethics, go to that topic. Keep this topic strictly on feedback, or otherwise relevant to the tool, NOT the developers. Thank you for understanding.

How about some of that feedback, eh?

ANYWAYS, ON TOPIC:

Any new developments with the software?

Nope, not yet! Please be patient! :)

Topic cleaned

The derailing conversation on Flotonic's ethics on the future development of this tool have been split into a separate topic. If you want to talk on ethics, go to that topic. Keep this topic strictly on feedback, or otherwise relevant to the tool, NOT the developers. Thank you for understanding.

How about some of that feedback, eh?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Some questions:

Although the user guide says it's possible to add frames to Link's animations, the program doesn't seem to change the number of frames when the button is clicked. Is this just with me or does it happen for any of you?

Could a way to manually enter the animation offset be implemented? Navigating through Link's animations is often a clicking hell.

This one may not relate to the program function at all, but it's something I would like to know: Do one, while changing parts of Link's clothes need any specific caution so the different tunic coloring works correctly?

Some questions:

Although the user guide says it's possible to add frames to Link's animations, the program doesn't seem to change the number of frames when the button is clicked. Is this just with me or does it happen for any of you?

Could a way to manually enter the animation offset be implemented? Navigating through Link's animations is often a clicking hell.

This one may not relate to the program function at all, but it's something I would like to know: Do one, while changing parts of Link's clothes need any specific caution so the different tunic coloring works correctly?

With Link's animations, I thought I'd written that the only editing capability this has for LInk's animations is to change rotations, unlike LACE, where you can make completely new animations. I'll see what I can do about this. Entering a value for an animation offset has been considered, possibly will be featured in the next release.

Tunic coloring of Link's tunic works because of FC commands. If you use a custom Display List, tunic coloring will not work correctly unless you edit some stuff manually in a Hex Editor.

Either manual entering, a drop down list, or both would be awesome. And I love how this comes out right after I've almost finished MANUALLY making my link-playing-a-harp animation. (For what I still hope will be an Oracle of Ages remake on the OoT engine) It doesn't really look good anyway. So it might look better if I use an actual good program LOL 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anybody has noticed, but version 1.4 has been released (for over a week now).

Note

Even though there are notes in this document regarding textures, I never implemented something to generate F3/F5 Commands, so just forget about it. Textures will generally not be mapped correctly without these commands and I did not feel like figuring it out on my own after everything else. 32x32 textures with more than sixteen colors (I just disabled CI-4 textures so I wouldn't have to hard-code some more F3/F5 Commands for those, so even textures with less than sixteen colors should now work) should work well. On a further note, this is the last version because I don't feel like working on it anymore. This would have been released a lot sooner (it took a day or two to take care of the bugs listed), but I spent too much time figuring out texture formats, writing an OBJ importer, and all of that.

Version 1.4

[*]Importing OBJ files. (Jason777 wrote a highly-complex vertex-and-face-data condenser for this. X-Daniel provided useful information about gbi.h (a header file from the Nintendo 64 SDK) for compiling texture commands. I never got around to actually implementing it, so some non-32x32 textures will look like garbage, as well as 32x32 textures with no more than sixteen colors.)

[*]Modifying files directly in the rom (OoT debug rom only for now).

[*]Checking for new versions (you can disable this by putting a file named no_updates.txt in the same directory as the program). - This code was working, but apparently does not work for people who do not compile it themselves. Besides, virus software may have even detected this as malicious activity.

[*]After adding a matrix, you no longer need to save and re-open the file in order for it to render correctly.

[*]Selecting points works perfectly now.

[*]Exporting OBJ files of Display Lists from files without hierarchies no longer results in a crash.

[*]New color scheme. (Recommended by lllsondowlll.)

[*]Use of the Win32 API for opening files. (Also recommended by lllsondowlll.)

Video

Download Link

http://www.maco64.com/download_page.php?download=2

THIS IS FREAKIN' AWSOME!!!

Please, don't close this project.... EVER!

I'm telling you a little more organization, and Zelda Modding is about to enter it's Golden age.

Tools like this one, Sharp Ocarina, Ocarina Value Editor 1.21, SEVERAL easy to use music tools, multiple text editor, plenty of video tutorials...

2013 will be the year of OOT modding! 

Please, don't close this project.... EVER!

There isn't anything I can do about it. I'm really sorry, but

On a further note, this is the last version because I don't feel like working on it anymore. This would have been released a lot sooner (it took a day or two to take care of the bugs listed), but I spent too much time figuring out texture formats, writing an OBJ importer, and all of that.

Flotonic was probably really discouraged by the lack of interest in the program. You can't really blame him, though; he put a lot of effort into this program and he probably feels as if he wasted quite a bit of time developing it :P Personally, I think it's a great piece of software. There are a few bugs relating to matrices... but I can live them.

I'll probably be releasing another program to use along side this one. It's a hierarchy porter.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.