Legend of Zelda: Tainted Blade

Samurai

Will there be any new enemeis and bosses, or just revamped old ones that Ganon had upgraded?

There's new characters, both friend and foe. 

If you can contribute, or know someone who can, I'm not completely opposed to technical assistance or ideas. :D

While I am good at planning and ideas, I cannot implement them. I have little to no idea about OoT modding, so many of my ideas are also probably impossible to pull off by those who do know how they work. I wish I could help, but I highly doubt I could do much! I am here to root you on, and I will send people your way if I find any who can work well in this situation.

While I am good at planning and ideas, I cannot implement them. I have little to no idea about OoT modding, so many of my ideas are also probably impossible to pull off by those who do know how they work. I wish I could help, but I highly doubt I could do much! I am here to root you on, and I will send people your way if I find any who can work well in this situation.

Sure, ideas are very much welcome. ^_^

I like it so far.

as for my suggestions (sincee you asked in shout)

well, hmm.... you know the whole Zelda timeline right? well if we were to be canon, the sages have descendants. (as shown in Link to the past, which is in the link being defeated timeline)I can see the plot going where link finds redemption in his darkness, and actually becomes tainted, but finds purity by setting things straight later down the line, setting forth the plans for killing and imprisoning Ganon's soul into  2 pieces, his evil into the realm of light (ie what becomes the dark world after ganon got the triforce), and his human part into the mortal realm (hyrule)

tho if we want it canon, then link would have to have died, and believed to be dead by not only the triforce, but the goddesses too (since the triforce can only be given to the one who kills the holder of the other two halves.so I can see it end with him taking the triforce and wishing Zelda back, hyrule restored, and ganon split into two, and the triforce to be put into the realm of light (still dark and kept that way to safe guard the triforce) and the kind orders the realm to be sealed (after the imprisonment war. as stated in the hyrule historia)

I wouldn't scrap the existing story line, because mine is so  simplified, I think it could be incorporated into yours easily with a lot of cohesiveness.

I could work on some music if you would like that.

I began composing for Tainted Blade a long time ago. I may be very proud about my abilities as a guitarist, violinist, and composer, but I'm not so arrogant that I'd refuse assistance. 

After hearing some of your music on YouTube, I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas concerning music in Tainted Blade. My Skype is "FarBeyondTheStrat." :D

Nice mod! Love the ideas you've put in so far...however, your story has a bit of flaws fitting in with the current timeline, but it's fixable. After Link was defeated, he very well could have been possesed by darkness instead of dying, as you've put here. However, Ganondorf was the one sealed inside of the Sacred Realm. That's detailed in the backstory of A Link to the Past, being named the "Imprisoning War", or "Sealing War." So, if anything, Link would currently be the only evil thing in Hyrule. Of course later on, Ganondorf finds his way to the Triforce since he's in the Sacred Realm and becomes Ganon permanently, boom Dark World, Ganon uses his alter ego Agahnim to take over the King of Hyrule's position, ladi-dah-dee-doo...So basically, you could leave it as it is and say that this is before the Sealing War, which could make sense, yet it'd leave the question why only Link was sealed if the Sages were already performing a sealing. Alternatively, and for the better, you could say that Link was sealed along with Ganondorf, but was deemed worthy of a group of trials from the Goddesses to find himself in the darkness. That happened because he wasn't naturally power hungry like Ganondorf, but still needed to redeem himself. This still leaves the question of "why didn't Link defeat Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm after his trials? What happened to the hero AFTER all of this?" Your choice, I guess. Either way, I'll look forward to this being completed!

Nice mod! Love the ideas you've put in so far...however, your story has a bit of flaws fitting in with the current timeline, but it's fixable. After Link was defeated, he very well could have been possesed by darkness instead of dying, as you've put here. However, Ganondorf was the one sealed inside of the Sacred Realm. That's detailed in the backstory of A Link to the Past, being named the "Imprisoning War", or "Sealing War." So, if anything, Link would currently be the only evil thing in Hyrule. Of course later on, Ganondorf finds his way to the Triforce since he's in the Sacred Realm and becomes Ganon permanently, boom Dark World, Ganon uses his alter ego Agahnim to take over the King of Hyrule's position, ladi-dah-dee-doo...So basically, you could leave it as it is and say that this is before the Sealing War, which could make sense, yet it'd leave the question why only Link was sealed if the Sages were already performing a sealing. Alternatively, and for the better, you could say that Link was sealed along with Ganondorf, but was deemed worthy of a group of trials from the Goddesses to find himself in the darkness. That happened because he wasn't naturally power hungry like Ganondorf, but still needed to redeem himself. This still leaves the question of "why didn't Link defeat Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm after his trials? What happened to the hero AFTER all of this?" Your choice, I guess. Either way, I'll look forward to this being completed!

To help clear things up:

1. Tainted Blade takes place three years after Ocarina of Time.

2. Ganondorf is still at large. He is not sealed anywhere, as Link initially failed, so the evil king could not be punished. Because he rules Hyrule, his word is law.

3. The Sages did not possess the strength to seal Ganondorf; because Link's mind was sent into insanity for a time, it was possible for the Sages to use the remnants of their power to seal the hero away so that he could learn to control his power.

4. Tainted Link is conflicted on the inside. He truly wants to redeem himself, but his rage only wishes to see the world burn. He lost years of his life, was defeated by Ganondorf, became a puppet of power for a time, lost more years learning to control it while sealed away, and finally returned to Hyrule to find that pretty much everyone hates and fears him. You are correct that he does not want power; he only wants freedom.

Amongst those who follow Legend of Zelda closely, Ocarina of Time is well-known for splitting into new timelines. This is one of them.

If Tainted Blade did occur in one of the other timelines, then perhaps the history books of Hyrule purposely skipped this chapter.

The most beautiful of art allows the audience to come up with their own conclusions. Upon visiting the world of Tainted Blade, you can decide for yourself.

To help clear things up:

2. Ganondorf is still at large. He is not sealed anywhere, as Link initially failed, so the evil king could not be punished. Because he rules Hyrule, his word is law.

3. The Sages did not possess the strength to seal Ganondorf; because Link's mind was sent into insanity for a time, it was possible for the Sages to use the remnants of their power to seal the hero away so that he could learn to control his power.

4. Tainted Link is conflicted on the inside. He truly wants to redeem himself, but his rage only wishes to see the world burn. He lost years of his life, was defeated by Ganondorf, became a puppet of power for a time, lost more years learning to control it while sealed away, and finally returned to Hyrule to find that pretty much everyone hates and fears him. You are correct that he does not want power; he only wants freedom.

Amongst those who follow Legend of Zelda closely, Ocarina of Time is well-known for splitting into new timelines. This is one of them.

If Tainted Blade did occur in one of the other timelines, then perhaps the history books of Hyrule purposely skipped this chapter.

The most beautiful of art allows the audience to come up with their own conclusions. Upon visiting the world of Tainted Blade, you can decide for yourself.

So is this a new timeline where Link doesn't awaken all the Sages, so the Imprisoning War doesn't happen and only Link can be sealed?

Love this project. As an idea, don't know suggestions, how about cameos?

Of course. You can also expect outside references. :D

To help clear things up:

So is this a new timeline where Link doesn't awaken all the Sages, so the Imprisoning War doesn't happen and only Link can be sealed?

As I said, the player decides Zelda fact from Zelda fiction.

Nice man good luck! Will you be including any new items or anything like that? Also some say that the kokiri evolved into korok maybe you can add like a group of Kokiri evolving into korok instead of them all being dead. :)

Yes, there are new items in the game. 

I believe that it was confirmed that Kokiri evolved into Korok. However, it's a large forest, so I'm sure there must be other Kokiri evolving somewhere off-screen.

• Like 1

Is the colour for Din's Fire just in an offset, or did you have to edit the...whatever it is...actor?...itself?

That colour edit is just a taste of what the final product will be like. Imagine if that spell could also stun enemies as well, if not killing them. That's what we're looking at.

Oh, is that done with ASM? If you know that, you should for sure put up some tutorials. Or did you use the Ocarina Value Editor? That's cool though.

I'm noodling around with some obscure stuff Sanguinetti threw out there.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture V6

Downloads

V5.8 Pack 

Please note, please do not redistribute this with other changes or other additions.

Sorry, but you had to see it coming. I noticed you were using textures from the community retexture project.

And it states right on the top of the page here, and I even quoted it for you. That you cannot redistribute their textures with other changes or additions.

So I hope you were planning for those textures you took and changed to be temporary. Unless of course you made them under a different name back when, I read the list of contributors and your current name wasn't on it. If they are indeed yours, then I apologize, I just had to do the right thing and be sure I checked your rights to them.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.emutalk.net/threads/51481-Zelda-Ocarina-of-time-Community-Retexture-Project-V6-Development-Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.