Legend of Zelda: Tainted Blade

Samurai

Glad you like it :D. I would still need to texture it though. Do you have any? If not I´ll try to make a few textures myself ;)

I have the textures to Link's sword, of course. I have both the hilt and the blade. The blade texture is the same as the other metal weapons/objects.

Tainted Link's items are updated/modified.

- Master Sword becomes "Raven." (Longer, thinner, just looks much better in-game.)

- Biggoron's Sword becomes "Leviathan." (In-game, it is thinner, more refined in appearance. The blade is straighter than before.)

- Giant's Knife becomes "Leviathan (Imperfect)". (In-game, appears no different than Leviathan.)

- Giant's Knife (Broken) becomes "Leviathan (Imperfect)." (In-game, it's just Leviathan without most of the blade.)

- Megaton Hammer becomes "Berserker's Battleaxe." (It's already a functioning battleaxe.)

- Light Arrow's becomes "Chaos Arrows." (Tainted Link's response to Light.)

- Fairy Bow becomes "Dark Bow." (Sounds more bad-ass.)

- Ocarina of Time becomes "Aeolian Ocarina." (Named after the Aeolian Mode, which is the Natural Minor scale, which isn't a happy musical scale.) 

- Mirror Shield becomes "Dark Shield."

- Magic Ability

- Din's Fire becomes "Dark Fire."

- Farore's Wind becomes "Dark Resentment." 

- Nayru's Love becomes "Dark Rage."

Thinking about making the Hylian Shield the "Sheikah Shield." All I'd have to do was throw on some Sheikah symbols. Figured it'd be fitting considering how the Sheikahs are no strangers to shadow and darkness.

If anyone has any ideas in terms of naming stuff or whatever, I'm open to ideas.

Keep rockin', guys. ../

• Like 1

I like this list.

And I don't mean to backseat moderate here, but I really think all of these topics should be merged since they're all related to the same mod. They would get a little hard to manage. You could always go back and edit the first post of it.

That's a good idea. I just wanted to avoid having a huge bulky body of text, because those tend to be kind of intimidating. I'll keep that in mind next time, and I'll try to condense them into one topic. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Hay, check out my Sheikah shield I just made, you can uses it if you want :D

I made it very tainted looking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dude, it's awesome. Good work, bro! Is it a texture?

Merged your items thread with the main one, no need to create multiple threads for different aspects of a single mod.

Thanks, man. :)

Most definitely :D  , just save it, and name it this

{THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#03F326D0#0#2_rgb}

and your all set to use it.

That's wicked! :) Do you, by any chance, know how to insert textures into the game? (As opposed to using a high-resolution video plug-in)

I have some new updates in terms of items:

The "Sheikah Shield" has been confimed as an item. It is titled the "Sheikah Teardrop," an ancient shield once used by the Sheikah Knights of Hyrule.

Clothing:

• Battle Armour
  • Fire Armour
  • Brine Armour

These essentially do the same things as Kokiri Tunic, Goron Tunic, and Zora Tunic.

To replace the boots, there are:

• Battle Grieves
  • Dead Man's Grieves
  • Spectral Grieves

Potions got new names:

• Elixir of Earth (Red)
  • Elixir of Heaven (Green)
  • Elixir of the Gods (Blue)

The Lens of Truth is replaced by the "Crimson Glare." Due to his new dark power, Link can see through deception with great ease, and the Crimson Glare renders the Lens of Truth useless. It's an ability, not an item, but still needs to be equipped to a C-Button like an item, similar to the magick spells.

Updated the menu/selection icons and text. My new weapons, like the Berserker's Battleaxe, have icons that match their in-game appearance. 

I'll try to post screenshots. :D

Hey man, this looks sick!  I just kind of check back on this site occasionally to see everyone's progress, but when I used to be active in modding, I was planning on doing an entire Adult Dark Link mod very similar to this, so this is very exciting! I wish you the very best of luck, and although I don't really mod anymore, if you need any help with composing new, dark-themed music and ocarina songs I'd be happy to help.  Music is what I do for a living now, so I always have time for it!

Also, when I was planning my Dark mod, I thought of having you start as Young Link for the opening, where Navi (or another NPC) would tell you that some sort of corrupted power has broken into the Master Sword's chamber, and you must go check it out.  It would be stormy and dark everywhere, and any NPC you talk to on the way to the Temple of Time would be frightened.  When you get to the chamber and pull out the now much more sinister looking Master Sword, the original Chamber of Sages cutscene plays except this time you appear as the corrupted Link and Rauru informs you of how you were filled with Darkness and how you terrorized the land for 3 years before the Sages were able to stabilize you. And that's how the adventure begins.  So you would play Young Link for a very short amount of time at the very beginning. That was just my idea at the time though haha, so feel free to pull from it what you wish, or not to use it at all.  Just figured it might be useful to you!

And one last thing, I had the idea of making the Medallions into "Essences of Darkness" and you had to go around and collect each one to remove the darkness from the area.  So basically Medallions but with the Dark theme haha.

• Like 1

Hey man, this looks sick!  I just kind of check back on this site occasionally to see everyone's progress, but when I used to be active in modding, I was planning on doing an entire Adult Dark Link mod very similar to this, so this is very exciting! I wish you the very best of luck, and although I don't really mod anymore, if you need any help with composing new, dark-themed music and ocarina songs I'd be happy to help.  Music is what I do for a living now, so I always have time for it!

Also, when I was planning my Dark mod, I thought of having you start as Young Link for the opening, where Navi (or another NPC) would tell you that some sort of corrupted power has broken into the Master Sword's chamber, and you must go check it out.  It would be stormy and dark everywhere, and any NPC you talk to on the way to the Temple of Time would be frightened.  When you get to the chamber and pull out the now much more sinister looking Master Sword, the original Chamber of Sages cutscene plays except this time you appear as the corrupted Link and Rauru informs you of how you were filled with Darkness and how you terrorized the land for 3 years before the Sages were able to stabilize you. And that's how the adventure begins.  So you would play Young Link for a very short amount of time at the very beginning. That was just my idea at the time though haha, so feel free to pull from it what you wish, or not to use it at all.  Just figured it might be useful to you!

And one last thing, I had the idea of making the Medallions into "Essences of Darkness" and you had to go around and collect each one to remove the darkness from the area.  So basically Medallions but with the Dark theme haha.

Great minds think alike! Haha I'm actually a musician myself, haha. I like the essences of darkness idea.

My idea starts with Link starting at the Temple of Light, which will take alot of doing on my part, but I'm not worried at all. That's the only part that might take a little effort. ;)

Anyway, I'm still open to ideas and stuff, so feel free to give suggestions. :D

Ok cool sounds good! One little minor suggestion would be to lower the pitch of link's voice a little. Maybe not as low as Dark Link's but somewhere in between. I always thought that made his attacks and stuff seem more badass :D

That was part of my plan from the start, haha, but I just settled on Dark Link's voice. :D

Here's a photo of some new icons. When you view them in the selection screen, their names are updated, too.

Posted Image

Hey, mind partnering up on that? I had the same idea; the Nocturne of Shadow as a juxtaposition on his new role. XD

Sure! As long as Samurai decides he would like the help! He said above that he is a musician as well so he might be doing the music on his own.

Dude, of course I'm down for that. I'm always open to new ideas. :D

Nothing tells a story like the passionate scream of a guitar. ../ >;D ../

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.