To all of the Banjo-Kazooie fans out there...

Blaze_Uchiha420

Today I was just looking up random videos on youtube and I came across this video released on Christmas day

I was in complete shock when I saw this because I've been saying for awhile now that I wish someone would make a Banjo-Kazooie N64 hack and give us the Banjo-Threeie we were promised. While this is a WIP, it looks very promising. From what I've gathered this hack is called "Mumbo's Wand". For those of you who don't know who or what Mumbo is, he's a shaman in the Banjo-Kazooie world and is also a very important character. In the original BK he would transform you if you had enough Mumbo Tokens. In the sequel Banjo-Tooie, he was a secondary playable character who would help you through the levels on Isle-O-Hags. One of the guys responsible for this hack, Koolboyman, has made other hacks, most notably, Pokemon Brown(Pokemon Red hack) and Pokemon Prism(Pokemon Gold hack). Both very good hacks, if you're a Pokemon fan like me, I suggest you check them out. You can find more info on Mumbo's Wand at Rareware Central http://www.rarewarecentral.com
  • Like 3

Awww yeeeeeah. I recently discovered Super Mario 64 Star Road and while I can't find a download, it's blowing my mind. Now that Banjo-Kazooie modding is on the horizon, the N64 legacy is getting better and better.

I found that game pretty easy just google it. You still have to have a Super Mario 64 rom and a few other programs to successfully apply the patch though. Great game btw.

I was failing at downloading the patched version (server was down), but downloaded the unpatched, did it myself, and boy I just had a lot of fun.

My emulator wouldn't play BK :( I didn't have a problem with sm64 star road I played that on wii64. Music was kinda garbled in some levels but played just fine

The hack isn't called Mumbo's wand, but rather the tool they are working on to allow for custom maps, custom events, placement of actors, exits, etc. Its really well done though it does have its share of glitches like textures broken on the grunty in a box's eyes, or a few seaming issues here and there but overall its rather good.

The hack isn't called Mumbo's wand, but rather the tool they are working on to allow for custom maps, custom events, placement of actors, exits, etc. Its really well done though it does have its share of glitches like textures broken on the grunty in a box's eyes, or a few seaming issues here and there but overall its rather good.

Still not bad for a WIP. If it's not called Mumbo's Wand then do you know the name?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.