Random Rants 2: Dissin URA

Arceny

I'm kinda getting sick of people always complaining about the project! One day they want a trailer, the next they say its ish cause Link isn't the main character! Or because the Hero of Light model looks blurry, or because he looks "unZeldaish". Don't they get this is a fan made project? Half of them dont even know the history of URA, hacking, or anything URA in general! The Hero of Light looks fine to me; why complain? Why even bother following the project, then? And some idiots are going to "complain" to Nintendo so they can shut it down... <_<

Hope they don't have any emulators or anything like that cause "Nintendo will sue". I'm sure Nintendo's glad somebody admires their franchise, anyway.

People- you can't please them all, I guess....

And yes, i know it shouldn't bother me, but it does, so...

• Like 9

To quote myself just now:

Hey, hater(s). I wanna see you do better, -especially- in the confines of modifying OoT or MM. I wanna see you create a good looking player model, or maps, or textures, etc., again to the specifications of what the N64's hardware allows (polygon count, texture cache size, etc) -and- considering that we still don't 100% know everything about those games. Get back to me when you're done, kthxbai :)

Seriously, I want to see them pump out a mod like this. I bet they don't even know what programs you use to make a 3D model, let alone know how to model one that looks good. And that's not even taking the limitations of hardware and our knowledge into account.

• Like 1

To quote myself just now:

Seriously, I want to see them pump out a mod like this. I bet they don't even know what programs you use to make a 3D model, let alone know how to model one that looks good. And that's not even taking the limitations of hardware and our knowledge into account.

That's what Im thinking! And the thing that really ticks me off is that they are one of the people always bothering to see a "preview" of the Hero, then they get it, and get all buttsore about it! This isn't no one two click its a mod thing... And the story? They don't know the Hero of Light is from the BS-X games? And don't they want a fresh story?

Everyone I see bitching on the URA minisite are morons.

Oh wait, it's just one guy talking to himself back and forth with different usernames because he has nothing better to do/is trying to be cool/trying to scare people into believing he can get Nintendo to shut down this mod.

He's trying to do all three, and is failing miserably.

-- Transmitted by an ancient satellite from across the cosmic web. Or my cellphone, if you prefer.

• Like 3

I just read over the comments and laughed and laughed and laughed. It was just too blatantly stupid to even bother me in the slightest. I mean, it's obvious that it was one prepubescent boy pretending to be six or seven individual people. It was just ridiculous. There's just not much else to it, so I'd say just to not let these sorts of things bother you.

• Like 3

I just read over the comments and laughed and laughed and laughed. It was just too blatantly stupid to even bother me in the slightest. I mean, it's obvious that it was one prepubescent boy pretending to be six or seven individual people. It was just ridiculous. There's just not much else to it, so I'd say just to not let these sorts of things bother you.

Yeah, I guess you're right, Nero. It's just that... people are so ignorant. Not that it's surprising...

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess you're right, Nero. It's just that... people are so ignorant. Not that it's surprising...

I agree, but in the end that's their downfall, not mine, nor this projects. I know there is people that we aren't going to please(They seem to be the ones thumbs downing my videos, the whole 2-3 of them) and honestly I could careless. You can't please everyone and the best thing is not to feed into their ignorance. Not worth my effort and not worth anyone else's either, Our main focus is the project not the speed bumps. :3
  • Like 8

Its the internet, you not gonna please everyone the team knows that. However there is a big difference in constructive criticism and mindless bickering. Most importantly this isn't your( a generalization of the community not specifically you)project. Its the Ura teams project. The point of bitching about the hero of light is extremely pointless though because does any one know what Link is? It isn't a name, its more of a title. Link is YOUR link into Hyrule he isn't a character, he is YOUR character. Why do you think he doesn't speak? Its because the creators of the Zelda series want you to put yourself in his position and in a sense, role play. Which is also a reason Zelda could be considered and Rpg but ill touch on that another time. The Hero of light is also that same thing, YOUR link into Hyrule. That's how i look at in anyway. The HOL is just a different title imo.

• Like 2

Its the internet, you not gonna please everyone the team knows that. However there is a big difference in constructive criticism and mindless bickering. Most importantly this isn't your( a generalization of the community not specifically you) its the Ura teams project. The point of bitching about the hero of light is extremely pointless thought because does any one know what Link is? It isn't a name, its more of a title. Link is YOUR Link into Hyrule he isn't a character he is YOUR character. Why do you think he doesn't speak? Its because the creators of the Zelda series want you to put yourself in his position and in a sense role play. Which is also a reason Zelda could be considered and Rpg but ill touch on that another time. The Hero of light is also that same thing, YOUR Link into Hyrule. That's how i look at in anyway. The HOL is just a different title imo.

You're correct. Link is like a title anyway- the soul of the Hero, I guess.

But you're wrong about one thing, though. I'm actually in the process of becoming a member, so the project's as well as mine (that goes for those who believe in it as well)- :P

I agree with all of you. I am one of the people sick of that idiot too. I just don't get why that douche has nothing better to do than criticize an excellent masterpiece in progress. Seriously he needs to get a life. I don't know anything about hacking but I still know it's alot of work so it irritates me when dumbasses like that come around just to spam their hate for the project.

• Like 2

I agree with all of you. I am one of the people sick of that idiot too. I just don't get why that douche has nothing better to do than criticize an excellent masterpiece in progress. Seriously he needs to get a life. I don't know anything about hacking but I still know it's alot of work so it irritates me when dumbasses like that come around just to spam their hate for the project.

Thank you for the support! You have no idea how much it means to us to have people with your mindset supporting us. :)

• Like 1

This topic is so relevant! I'm tired of people going "GAWD DAMMIT, YOU GAIZ R SO LAZY, PICK UP THE PACE!!!" First off, unless you have donated (I haven't yet, but I shall), you have literally NO RIGHT to boss around these amazingly sexy devs/mods/modders. Secondly, I'm tired of people feeling this false sense of entitlement. You're entitled to life, and a chance at happiness, that's it, and that's only in civilized countries, 75% of the world's population goes WITHOUT the amenities we have! I'll get off my soap box about "the poor people", "peasants" as the ultra-rich call poverty level and lower income homes/homeless people, but people need to stop being spoiled brats and get over themselves. Enough is enough.

**quick edit** Just because I'm going to donate doesn't mean I have the right to bitch and moan that they're not giving me a FREE GAME, a ZELDA game at that, fast enough.

• Like 1

First off, unless you have donated (I haven't yet, but I shall), you have literally NO RIGHT to boss around these amazingly sexy devs/mods/modders.

I was going to say something a little douchey in reply until I read your quick edit. Anyways, thanks for the support! :)

-- Transmitted by an ancient satellite from across the cosmic web. Or my cellphone, if you prefer.

• Like 1

I have to say, people who want stuff added to the game does not seem satisfied at all. The Project Leaders like Zeth, etc are working their asses off to give us a real hack of a OoT Game. Instead you get allot of ignorant people complaining about Link not being the main character, etc. Or they think it's not "Good Enough" What I want to say is, if these people don't really like the mod, then why can't they create THEIR OWN MOD so they can shut the fuck up if they don't like URA's main plot? Or create their own URA instead? Or don't bother commenting on the URA thread if they don't like what they see. Most people I've seen that come here register just to see Ura and not to attend other sections of the forums. It kinda bothers me when people are just here to see URA and not being active. I'm not active at all because I don't come around here much anymore, but it really ticks me off when I see people complain about dungeons, quests, main characters, etc. Why bother make an account if your going to complain to the staff? Why bother waste your time if you don't like the hard work Zeth and the URA Team has put together the work? I think Zeth should be proud to accomplish this hack. People who don't show respect shouldn't comment at all about other peoples work and projects. Sorry for sounding like an asshole. But I'm fed up with all the complaints and idiots who want to bitch about something that isn't "Perfect" or that they want it how they want it. If you want your own version of URA, make one your self, otherwise, go to some other forum.

• Like 2

Please ignore these arrogant arsholes. If those arsholes don't like this project, that's their problem. (To the fans) If you're enjoying the project's development progress, sucks for the others who can't.

To the developers of URA, please, I'm just asking to not let these meaningless comments slow down the development of the project (if it is at all). The fans and supporters would be greatly disappointed if the project was canceled all together.

Coming from a fan (and for the other fans perhaps), for every piece of URA that is shown, I am rather intrigued by it and I accept it. Keep up the amazing work, don't let those dogged humans impede the project's devolopment.

You speak wise words, Zeth.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.