Cute Wolf MMORPG concept

Airikita

Hey all... I just wanted to post this, as I have been working on a concept for an MMORPG.

I have been mostly pondering about it, making some changes and mild progress. So, here's what I have so far:

To keep it simple at the start, I'm taking baby steps. My first design is what the player will be. The player will be a race of cute bipedal wolves in another world. Nothing too elaborate like a werewolf, just a fantasy-style game.

Here's my sketch of what they will look like:

Posted Image

They will be called Lupians (or a better name if I can think of any), and in this world, they do not need to hunt other creatures as everything is provided for them in nature. They evolved differently, so meat is not on their menu. (Of course, this also caters to vegans who enjoy games, but don't like the meat reference... and it worked out in its own scenario)

Their current world will be a forest to start with, and many types of fruit to choose from. There will also be farming in a newer addition later on, but I will not get into that until much later in the development as I have not begun any programming or models yet...

Also, to keep this game from just being a mining/farming game, there will be enemies. Ghosts might be a good start... Also, levels will not be an objective, but leveling up skills. No weapons or armor in this game, but stats will be allowed.

The game will be kept as fair as possible relying on a player's skill (or not, for the casual gamers) to complete objectives and missions in the game. The game will have hunting and gathering elements in it, considering that, even though these wolves never hunt for meat, they still have fighting abilities when danger is present.

It will have the same game play style like Zelda, which streams away from other MMOs that have automatic battle tactics when faced with an enemy. It will have puzzles, dungeons, and bosses similar to Zelda, but with a different style. Enemies will take on forms of real life creatures, so it will have some educational value along with nothing but action.

Targeting will be an obvious must for this, since it would be annoying and tedious to fight anything without targeting it.

I'm also hoping to build up the game to have 100 bosses with dungeons included. In fact, some bosses won't be fought inside a dungeon, but a dungeon will be required before fighting a boss.

Stats will be a key factor to defeat some of these bosses... no levels will be given, but a threat level will warn players of the level of difficulty for enemies/bosses determined by stats. All stats can be maximized too, I hate MMOs that limit your choice of stats when you level a character, so I'm making it so that skills and stats can all be learned and mastered by one character.

There will also be options to raise the stats, including exercises; kind of like the dummy in Runescape, but different ways to do it.

Things still to be worked on:

- A title

- Registration system

- A website

- The game itself

- Enemies / bosses

- Character model

- Map design

- Dungeons

- And anything else I can't think of right now... I forgot something...

Cash shop ideas:

- coupons to speed up stat growth

- clothing and accessories

- running speed enhancement

- other sparklies and goodies

- automatic item looter (to pick up items easier without always touching them, which may come later on)

- maybe some special skills that can be flashier than the ones in the game, and has more effects

Extras:

- one of the main antagonists in the game will not be a toony-type bad guy, but something more intense. Nothing too graphic, but can scare the crap out of people playing the game. I have a concept for that, but I'm not revealing too much at this point..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current progress (editing phase):

Posted Image

I currently have completed the head and the body so far... still to go: tail, textures, and extra details to match the picture.

• Like 3

Sorry to break the ice with a dumb question, but would this be free or a paid subscription type of game?

Well, it will be free for testing, and then later I suspect to implement a paid user subscription model with a website along with free trail period (either a 30-day trail, or player will be limited).

So far it's only in the development stage. I need to figure out if I can program a 3D game first.

plays sort of like okami(without the brush that kills people), but it will be online?

This is an online game. I guess it's like Okami? Or are you thinking of the reference to the wolf character? Because I was aiming for a maplestory-type appeal with skills; lots of skills and magic.

This is an online game. I guess it's like Okami? Or are you thinking of the reference to the wolf character? Because I was aiming for a maplestory-type appeal with skills; lots of skills and magic.

You just compared ideas to zelda, so I just thought it would be sort of like a 3d open-world(like "oot") kind of game rather than a 2d platformer(that's maplestory, right?)

You just compared ideas to zelda, so I just thought it would be sort of like a 3d open-world(like "oot") kind of game rather than a 2d platformer(that's maplestory, right?)

It is, I'm talking about skills related to Maplestory... the flashiness of them. The game play style IS like Zelda OoT.

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.