An Eternal War

Shadow Fire

The Prophecy...

It began countless ages ago. A force unlike any other, rising against the people of the world. The entire cosmos was in peril, until, as if a gift from the heavens, a creature with immense power was summoned forth, and defeated the mystic force. This creature, dubbed Shadow Fire by those it protected, its objective complete, returned to a peaceful slumber, and life returned to its harmonious state... for a time.

It wasn't to be. It was foretold that the malevolent force would return, awakened by those who would seek to threaten the balance of the cosmos. To prevent this, the one known as Shadow Fire awoke, and began passing judgment on those who would attempt to reawaken the true power of the malevolent force, known throughout the land as Kusai.

Years have passed, and this cycle continues. A new faction, one calling itself Finlandcycles has tasked itself with resurrecting Kusai, in an attempt to defeat it afterwards and claim eternal glory. Another faction, the Evil Magistrate, seeks to use whatever means to control the world, and is not above using Kusai to achieve it.

Shadow Fire, awakening to his pre-programmed destiny, used his divine powers to enlist the help of one ZethN64, one who, while not as powerful, still contains enough power to uphold the balance of order. Together with his protégé, Shadow Fire again seeks to purge the land of greed and malcontent, and preventing a calamity that threatens all life in the universe.

Please note: I created this topic to coincide with the battle mod that is installed here. I figured we could all have a few fun posts, kinda get in character a bit.
  • Like 1

You vow to protect this land Shadow Fire? This is complete non-sense! You may have the power to control the peace in this land, but that cannot last forever...

I will soon march through the ashes that once was the souls of the innocent, and nothing will stop me from achieving my goal! Fate is nothing but a simple path that can be changed or manipulated by those who follow, and the protectors "The Chosen", and the enemies "The FinlandCycles" will tremble before us!

You have been warned...

Threat Detected!

A threat has been made. Source located and identified as epicebilninja. Initiating countermeasures.

• EPICEBILNINJA
    Casting Blizzaga.
    Result: Threat subdued.
Turning attention to Finlandcycles.
  • FINLANDCYCLES
    Casting Multi-Spell.
    Result: Finlandcycles subdued.
Initiating sleep mode.

With my powers rapidly increasing, The Chosen is now all that stands in my way! I have passed the power of the FinlandCycles, and I am now one step closer to destroying this filthy world that will crumble before my might!

The Evil Magistrate will PREVAIL!!!!!!!!

*quests have been added!

-stop the Evil Magistrate from destroying the protector of this world!

-keep the Finlandcycles from fullfilling The Prophecy!

Countermeasures Activated!

Defensive countermeasures have been activated. Initiating threat detection mode.

Multiple threats detected!

• FINLANDCYCLES
    Casting Multi-Spell.
    Result: Threat eliminated.
  • EVIL MAGISTRATE
    Casting Multi-Spell.
    Result: Threat eliminated.

Standby mode enabled.

Prevention, Phase I

For several days, the fearsome Shadow Fire remained dormant, but his ever-watchful gaze would soon be realised. Nary a week had passed, when he awoke, and turned his vicious power on Finlandcycles and the Evil Magistrate once more.

The unexpected attack left both factions crippled, temporarily halting their plans as they recovered from the devastation that had befallen them.

The future changed, there is no knowledge of how it has effected the prophecy. Will the calamity be unleashed once more, or have The Chosen prevented it permanently? The answer remains to be seen...

Entry FC-0174

The recent uprising by our rival guild, the so-called Evil Magistrate, has been temporarily suppressed on numerous occasions by those who remain faithful to me. Tactical strikes will be continually planned to cripple their resources so they do not further impede our progress, as they have begun to manage to do, much to our annoyance. The Chosen continue to prove a double-edged sword, helping our efforts to suppress the Evil Magistrate, yet also abruptly turning on us in an effort to abate the prophecy. I question the logic behind the placing of these guardians; fate may be a fickle entity, but you cannot change what has been laid out in the tangled skein that is existence. We shall continue to grow in strength and numbers until we can tackle these nuisances once and for all. Until then, we will need to keep a steady supply of resources to maintain our defenses in this war of attrition. The power of the Chosen is immense, indeed, but not infinite. Sufficient force could certainly bring them down, this much remains clear.

Be patient, Kusai. Your savior comes soon.

--N.

"Savior"? I would not even spit in the direction of you naive factions... The power of two people alone will tremble before my might, thinking they can protect this pitiful world! And to think... that you fools beleive that you can "obtain" this world, and in your own twisted minds "save" this piece of dirt! My plans are far more than that... none shall stand in my way of the destruction of kusai!

Such foolish beleifs that you can stop us... you may be able to slow us down, but we will be victorious!

OFF TOPIC:

Actually, these stats are merely to show off what will happen once Kusai is levelled up. When I decide it's time, Kusai will be awakened, set to a ginormously high level, and two weapons will be created, with there being an epic showdown.

Also, the data provided for me was to see the max I could go. So now, I am returning to my previous level.

Oh, and one more thing, I am not trying to protect Kusai, but PREVENT Kusai from being reawoken.

I have been told my methods are dirty, but yet, are they truly? The object of war is to win, to take out the opposing forces. Is orchestrating a plan to infiltrate an enemies base truly dirty? Valuable intel has been obtained, and we have crippled the war effort set forth by the Evil Magistrate. Or is their cry a cry of weakness? Of inability to reestablish what they had? They foolishly let an "ex-member" of FC into their guild, and gave him full access to everything. Is it wrong that we took advantage of the situation? They cannot mess with fate, and it is our fate to unlock the power of Kusai. And we will do whatever it takes. We're not slaughtering the innocent, unlike them. In my opinion, that is an even worse offense. But the innocent shall fear not, for the power of FC will continue to eliminate these evil judges.

The Evil Magistrate, from what intel our grand spy has done under my authority, has proven itself to be undoubtedly unorganized with no clear path. They target only Naxylldritt and Shadowfire, but do not target our strongest, such as Sanguinetti. This is a fatal flaw, and one to be rued. We now know that they will not even take the path into defeating ZethN64, one of the biggest threats to them. I pray for their souls, as they do not realize the perilous journey they must now endure. However, my strategies have not changed, and our assaults will continue in a timely matter.

High General Coool

Entry FC-0178

The tests with Project Maple proceed expediently. Sanguinetti currently seems to be a worthy candidate for its first practical field test, an event whose coming I eagerly anticipate. The Evil Magistrate continues to grow in power, but it is of little concern to me; if anything, their strength will only facilitate the growth of my faithful. Grow strong, Magistrate; you will lend us your power whether you are willing or not, and we will reap the rewards for the world to enjoy.

The Chosen remain surprisingly inactive as of late. I suspect the mere writing of this in my journal will tempt the fates, but it is of little concern. We are a prosperous guild, and we will continue to move forward with our goals regardless of those that oppose us. With that said, I feel the feasibility of a major attack is looming on the horizon. It will take some planning and coordination, and perhaps some coaxing from our friends in the dark to orchestrate a brief cooperation, but very soon, we may have only one contender to deal with. Brace yourself, ZethN64: Finlandcycles comes for you.

--N.

A Magical Mystery

The great protector was awoken, feeling a mystical power traverse across the land. The source of this power was unknown, but it appeared to be an opposing force, as it gave everyone a power boost.

As if to warn everyone who opposed him of the dangers, Shadow Fire chose a target, epicebilninja, attacking with a low level magical energy. Not enough to cause permanent damage, but enough to make an impression.

The guardian still waits, doing whatever he can to prevent the awakening of the forboding Kusai's true powers, and stop the cataclysm that was foretold.

People say I'm foolish with my methods of this war, and therefore will be unable to proceed in this war... They say I am a coward who's only goal is to prey on the weak and punish the innocent. You say I am just a petty murderer, but you think that you are not? You attempt to justify your bloodshed with pitiful words like "fate" or "for the greater good", when my goals are beyond your naive lies.

We have already regained the power that the finlandcycles have stolen from us, thus proving their efforts were for nothing. We continue to grow in power, and do not fear the either guild. With pure confidence, you will all beg for mercy with the destruction of the world, but also destroying the kusai, shattering all of existence as we know it!

They fail to realize the true meaning of our attack. Taking their money and intel has only added to our benefit, but they are soon to forget the ticking time bomb, one that will cause the Evil Magistrate permanent harm. We have given them the opportunity to join us, but they have declined. That ticking time bomb will soon set off, and they will regret never joining us.

High General Coool

Costly Distractions

With fearsome power, the great Shadow Fire once again launched his assault on Finlandcycles and the Evil Magistrate. In spite of the recent increase in power from a mystic source, a majority of people were subdued.

However, it seemed fate was trying to shake up the balance, as both Naxylldritt and Blinx were spared from meeting the same fate. Naxylldritt was hit with a spell that should have subdued him, but it seemed the spell lacked its true force, the attack less effective. On the other hand, Blinx was attacked, but the spell missed entirely, giving him the opportunity to attack.

It is not known how this came to pass, but if it continues, the prophecy will almost certainly be fulfilled. Shadow Fire returns to his dormant state, preparing for the impending day when he will return to his true form, and reveal just how much power he was suppressing.

Finlandcycles is soon preparing for the inevitable first strike n ZethN64. It is only a matter of time until all garrisons are brought to strength to end Zeth. It will be glorious, and I feel privileged to follow alongside my leader, Naxylldritt. He and I will gladly march the troops to attack when the time is right. It will be costly, but it is also the halfway point in this war. From there on, we must tackle a more powerful foe, Shadowfire, but it will all be worth it. For now, though, preparation.

~ High General Coool

A Slow Awakening

The earth begins to rumble softly, the slight tremors instantly catching the attention of The Chosen, both of whom can sense the source. The day of reckoning is drawing ever closer. The fearsome Kusai is beginning to discover her potential. A massive surge in power emanates from the very corner of the globe she slumbers in, and this does not even come close to her true power.

Shadow Fire and ZethN64, both aware of this occurrence, continue to prepare, although now in great haste, for it will not be much longer before the terrifying power is once again unleashed upon the planet.

Entry FC-0183

All good things must come to an end, I suppose the moral is here. Recently I myself managed to withstand an attack from Shadow Fire and offer my counterpoint to his brutal articulations, implying that the Chosen are becoming weak and less capable of fulfilling their role--or perhaps we are growing to the point we no longer need fear them. Oh, if only it were so simple. Project Maple's completion remains a sizable distance on the horizon, yet already both Kusai and the Chosen seem to have gained an astronomical boost in their potentials, something we were truly unprepared for. At this rate, it remains uncertain as to whether we will be able to achieve our ultimate goal; if this is but a mere fraction of Kusai's true potential, then working conditions may well become too unfavorable for progress to continue being made. This also thwarts the planned initial assault against the first of the Chosen, ZethN64, leaving me uncertain as to where Finlandcycles should focus its efforts. We can continue to grow in power, but to what ends? As a whole, it is becoming less and less feasible to handle the forces we work with on our own.

I fear I may have little other choice than to focus less on harvesting of strengths from my rivals and focus on forming alliances to assist me in achieving my goals, if it can be done. Mishandled, Kusai may very well end up backfiring on us completely and utterly--not just on Finlandcycles, but potentially the world. I will not allow such mistakes to be made.

For the moment, I believe I will halt all plans to eliminate the first of the Chosen. Never mind the fact that it has turned into a suicide mission; the situation may be salvaged if I can get them to assist me.

Everything hangs in balance. We will see what becomes of the next few days and move cautiously forward.

--N.

Entry FC-0183-L

Lieutenant Nero, or as I am known on the field, "Captain Wow," putting pen to paper in this entry. Addendum, of sorts. Due to some recent intakes of copious amounts of booze on my part failure to adhere to N's standards on the battle field and repeated buttdevastation defeat at the hands of the Chosen, I am stepping up my game, per se. At this point in time, a mere soldier on the front lines has far surpassed N and I's power combined. So, do to this, I am stepping up my game, and I encourage all other members of my devision of the Finlandcycles forces, the Wow Company, to do so as well. It is our job to do the dirty pest control of the world, to wipe out those minuscule pests known as the "Evil Magistrate," and to bring about the success of Project Maple. For Finlandcycles, all seems well.

Signing out,

--L.

Entry FC-184-L

A new guild has been formed and joined the everlasting clash of sword and magic on this ravaged battlefield. These newcomers, the GCN Defenders, claim to be the only "good guys" in this clash of factions and interests. This leader of this group is, in fact, a defected official of our rivals, the Evil Magistrate. I myself am not sure what should be made of this, as they have vowed to defend our greatest enemy, the ever looming menace that are the Chosen. Project Maple will continue as planned. We will not be declaring this new faction an enemy until a move is made against us. We will not be the first to clash swords. That just isn't the way of the Finn.

--L.

Nero sighed, leaning back in his office chair, taking his hands away from the keyboard after pressing the enter key, logging his entry into the Finlandcycles database. "These guys might be a bit of trouble... we'll see," he grumbled to himself, grabbing his radio, talking into it, sending a transmission to his lower troops, and to his singular ranking officer, the leader of Finlandcycles, Naxylldritt. "Keep an eye on this new group."

The transmission ended.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.