Microsoft, your consoles piss me off. I'm done with them.

Conker

Blinx%20Warning.png

Another warning: does the topic title anger you? Stop reading, and go do something else on this wonderful forum, thank you.

So, I've reached the point where I'm just about, 100% fed up with any iteration of the Xbox beyond the original one, launched in 2002(that one, I will always love).

Why is this, you're more than likely not asking? Well, it's simple, really! They're horribly manufactured pieces of shit. Oh, god, yes they are!

I'm through with it, guys! Through with it! Honestly, I've had two 360s in my life, and my current one bit the dust with the fucking red rind of death, and twice is enough for me! Honestly, it truly, without a doubt, is my boiling point! First, a history lesson!

My History With the Xbox 360:

Believe it or not, it starts out happily: I want the system so bad, but I'm just a 12/13/ year old with no way to get it.

I am hopeful I will get it for Christmas, so hopeful, but my parents tell me they did not get it. A real shame, I tell you.

But then, on Christmas Eve(and per family tradition), we all go to my Grandparent's(mother's side) house, to open presents from

family members which live in their area, and my Grandpa hands me a 360 game(Superman Returns, which I loved, so fuck the haters).

I am perplexed, and confused, "But I don't have a 360, Grandpa. Thanks, though." and the response from him I got,

got my young mind wondering what was in store for me, "Oh, Branden, you never know."

I was pretty sure that I was going to get one at this point, from someone; Grandparents, parents, or other relatives. Who knows?

Well, to my surprise, I did get one after all! Christmas day, I opened up what was(for that year), the biggest present under the tree,

and there it was! That sexy, sexy box, and inside it was the console which I craved oh so much, and I had a game to play right away.

I was so excited, I tell you what! I started out without Xbox Live for a good while, until I decided to make one, with my parents

buying me a gold subscription, to boot; it was really cool, and a new experience for me, I tell you.

I was enjoying Xbox Live, and started meeting cool people, some of which I became great friends with.

But then, oh boy, it happened... I got my first red ring of death, and I was devastated! I could not play my 360 for the longest time,

and my parents never got around to sending the thing in under warranty, too. I just had to deal with it, and so I did.

I went almost a year or so, I believe, without my 360, until my brother got a new one, and gave me his old one as a hand-me-down.

I was so happy! I had a new 360, and this one seemed to work flawlessly! I enjoyed it for a good while, playing tons of games

I had originally missed out on.

Eventually, I got around to playing The Amazing Spiderman(fun game from the SMALL bit of it I managed to play), and all was going

well, until... out of fucking nowhere, red ring of death strikes me like flies on shit! Randomly, while playing the game... UGH!

My hardware got fucked up, apparently, judging by reading up on my specific ring formation and power supply light color online.

I have no warranty, and there's no way I am paying $99 - $120 to send it in for repairs; that's madness!

Now, please read on to see why I am definitively done with the Xbox 360, if you wish?

Why I'm Calling It Quits:

In all honesty, I am done with the current generation lineup of the Xbox. I will only stick to my Original Xbox, which, is broken itself...

BUT, through fault of my own! It was a damn resilient and strong, tank of a console, but I botched an HDD upgrade, so it's all my fault.

Funny, huh? Every console I've ever owned that broke, has been through fault of my own, EXCEPT for my two 360s; that's just

Microsoft's apparently new-found laziness in the field of console manufacturing showing itself, which is why the RRoD exists.

Not only is it the red ring of death, but it's Microsoft themselves which ruin it for me:

I have to pay a monthly fee just to play online with people, and(for example) fucking watch YouTube videos!

Seriously!? YouTube is free, Microsoft, so I shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee just to use your goddamn

YouTube application. Nobody should have to, for that matter.

And let's not forget, boy let's not forget their recent butchering on the dashboard. What the fuck is this?

Squares, with advertisements fucking everywhere? Seriously? Does it have a name? Oh yeah!

It's that new operating system they're slapping onto everything they own now! Metro, I believe is the stupid name.

I am being serious, guys: phones, tablets, websites, the 360, and even now Windows 8... all having Metro? How stupid is that?

It's a UI consisting of colored squares, which is, to say the least, very dull, boring, and uninspired.

When I had a working 360, I missed the good ol' days of the Blades dashboard; it was beautiful, and functioned

perfectly as a console operating system! Eventually, it got updated with NXE, which, mind you, was still great(I loved it as much

as Blades, maybe a bit more. maybe), then eventually... one more update, which changed NXE into some wierd

knockoff of Sony's XMB UI(kind of), which, was okay... I guess? But boy, then after that, Metro came! Oh yeah, it came;

forced, and intrusive, it invaded my 360, and I did not fucking appreciate that. At all.

And let's not forget how horrible Xbox Live is as a whole(in my opinion), what with it's largely bad community and management.

I can recall many stories and reports of people being banned/console banned from Xbox Live for practically

fraudulent reasons! Were you banned? Well, better take it up with customer support-- oh, wait! Silly, didn't you know?

Way more than half the time, Microsoft's support agents are too uneducated, stupid, and uninformed to do their own jobs and properly

assist you, lol! It makes you wonder, though: whose dick in upper-management did they have to suck to get their position?

Now, let's not forget the wonderful ability you receive to report anybody on Xbox Live!

Hrm, did I play better than you? Shucks, better report me for hacking and/or cheating and exploiting glitches!

But wait, I didn't hack, cheat or glitch? Well, it doesn't matter, seeing as how Microsoft will be diligent in handling these reports

professionally and filtering out any fraudulent ones, right? Right? Nah, there may be one of the many incompetent

employees handling the situation, and just taking action against you for shit you didn't do.

It's apparently happened to many people, and it's pathetic.

Anyways, where will I go from here, as far as consoles go?

Where I Will Go From Here:

Quite honestly, the last Microsoft console I'll own for a while, will be my Original Xbox which I will replace.

Maybe, just maybe, I will get the Xbox 720/Durango, if it's not nearly as fucked up as the Xbox 360, maybe.

All I know, is that I'm done with the 360, and the only thing that would make me get one again, is

if I found one for an insanely cheap price somewhere(under $80), and that's the only reason I'd get another. I don't see that

happening for a long fucking while, too. So long, 360.

Now, you know what? From here on out, I'm a Sony and Nintendo guy, full and through.

I've never, ever had any problems(nothing too extreme, at least, like with the 360) with consoles from these two

companies, I don't think I ever will, honestly.

I love my PS1, PS2, and PS Vita! I even love the PS3 I am going to eventually get(had one before, incredibly reliable)!

I love my N64, NDS Lite, and my Nintendo Wii! And guess what? I sure as shit will love the Wii U, without a doubt.

Oh, I also forgot to mention I will absolutely adore the PS4(hurr, that rhymed) whenever it rears its awesome ass into stores.

Lord, I cannot wait! It's going to be good times for my gamer life, I tell you what.

For the time being, I'm sticking with PSN, as it's FREE, even for online play. Plus, if you pay for PlayStation Plus(the premium service), you

actually get plenty of actual, worth-while benefits, unlike with Xbox Live Gold. Most awesome being FREE AAA games. Yep, free fucking games.

I'd love to see Microsoft do that with their premium plan, but they never will.

I would like to apologize for the rant(lol, just kidding; I'm not fucking sorry), but I really needed to get out some steam.

This has been bugging me a lot, and I'm just fucking done dealing with it. I am, like I said, through.

• Like 1

Added in a part to my rant I foolishly forgot to mention(anger had me skip over it when typing), so for your convenience:

"For the time being, I'm sticking with PSN, as it's FREE, even for online play. Plus, if you pay for PlayStation Plus(the premium service), you

actually get plenty of actual, worth-while benefits, unlike with Xbox Live Gold. Most awesome being FREE AAA games. Yep, free fucking games.

I'd love to see Microsoft do that with their premium plan, but they never will."

Micro$oft hasn't just bungled their gaming department. I trust you've heard how they plan to make the latest version of their office suite a non-licensed subscription service? Yes, you have to pay at regular intervals to keep using Microsoft Office.

>sees greedy bullshit

>M$ is basically Apple

>consider migrating permanently to Kubuntu

• Like 3

And this right here, is why I will forever be a PC gamer.

Sometimes, I wish I could do the same, but my PC is crap for gaming(most of the time).

So for me, my best bet is a PS3 and my other consoles. Besides, I love console gaming tons to begin with. :)

Micro$oft hasn't just bungled their gaming department. I trust you've heard how they plan to make the latest version of their office suite a non-licensed subscription service? Yes, you have to pay at regular intervals to keep using Microsoft Office.

>sees greedy bullshit

>M$ is basically Apple

>consider migrating permanently to Kubuntu

Lord almighty. Microsoft is looking worse to me every day. .-.

I'm a nintendo person all the way

the nes was the greatest invention in history!

but I was forced by my parents to sell my dear old console at the young age of 7 to a collector to put on a shelf to never be used again... I had duck hunt, the zapper, 2 controllers, mario, mario 3, and many other classic games...

I'm planning on getting another, but it won't be the same...

Sometimes, I wish I could do the same, but my PC is crap for gaming(most of the time).

I thought that too, my specs are frankly terrible for gaming. With the right configurations and the correct compromises, I can play brand new games like Borderlands 2 at nearly full speed with decent looking graphics. I also use my PS3 controller for certain games I feel are captured better with a controller or games I used to play on console.

My specs:

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

4GB RAM

Not great by any means, but hey, I can still run Skyrim at 720p with 30-60fps.

Edit: Sorry, flying really far from the topic at this point. So I guess...swing back?

*reads, thinks of his Xbox 360 sitting back at home, and sighs*

I wanna play it...

Seriously, though... I've not had a single problem with the XB360, aside from that account hacking that recently took place, and now, everything is good again. I will agree about the whole, paying for online play, but when you take into account how much better the M$ servers are over Sony's, that puts things into perspective for me. There are also no real decent games that are PS3 exclusive (to me, anyway), so for me, it'd just be an expensive BluRay player.

Plus, L4D/L4D2 aren't on PS3, nor is the original Mass Effect. Oh, and don't get me started on...--

Okay... enough of my comment. I'm just going to say that I was hoping to play some L4D2 with you, Blinx... but it seems that will not come to be.

Okay... enough of my comment. I'm just going to say that I was hoping to play some L4D2 with you, Blinx... but it seems that will not come to be.

I dunno what to say, honestly.

Going to be honest, I may get a 360 again one day, even if not for cheap; I'm just really, really upset with the console for now, and will be for a while.

Getting one again just may not happen for a while. If I do get another? I'll gladly play with you.

I've found it amusing how Microsoft tries to be cutting edge in their recent endeavors (that is, about 2005 onwards), yet approach them with archaic mindsets. Alongside levying arbitrary fees (e.g. the releases of the Wii and PS3 made Xbox Live all the more laughable a mere year later), they try to jump the gun way too early (e.g. the 360's constant fuck-ups make it feel like something that should be a pre-release build, not the goddamn retail model), employ disgusting customer service and treatment (e.g. fuck the report function, now and forever), and ultimately end up with something that deserves to crash and burn... but of course, people will still buy their products because "it's sleek and trendy", a mindset that used to be the antithesis to the Microsoft way.

Who needs to play Left 4 Dead in 720shit-p and framelock on Xbox 360, when you can enjoy it fully on a PC?

Plus, PCs are actually 20 generations ahead already. Game Devs working with PC and Xbox have to downgrade the Xbox ones just to get it working at a good frame rate.

The only thing I use Xbox 360 for is games that aren't on PC already. (RROD is a royal piece of :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: )

Who needs to play Left 4 Dead in 720shit-p and framelock on Xbox 360, when you can enjoy it fully on a PC?

Wow, you're so cool! You totally did a good job mocking one of the GCN's management, Shadow Fire, with your dumb statement.

And for your information, I will still be playing with what you call "720shit-p" when I get my PS3, so you're coming pretty close to offending me.

And honestly, are graphics EVERYTHING to you? Huh? If so, I suggest you learn to appreciate games for what matters: the gameplay.

And let me also say, that while there's a difference between 30 and 60 FPS, it's by no means a huge difference like many claim it to be.

Another thing worth noting, is how there are plenty of console games which run at 60 FPS. Sheesh... good job, man.

Oh hey, I also remembered the fact how many console games still look amazing, even when compared to their PC counterparts(and also compared to PC exclusives), so they

are certainly not "20 generations behind". That's just crazy talk.

(you obviously think graphics matter more than the actual game itself, and that saddens me)

Also, to the administration:

If this topic gets derailed into console bashing garbage anymore past this point, lock my topic. Please.

Plus, PCs are actually 20 generations ahead already. Game Devs working with PC and Xbox have to downgrade the Xbox ones just to get it working at a good frame rate.

The only thing I use Xbox 360 for is games that aren't on PC already. (RROD is a royal piece of :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: )

Let me knock you off your high pony to tell you this:

As Blinx said, graphics does not a game make. Sure, graphics can be important, but remember... I started with the Atari 2600, which had virtually no graphics. It was just a few blocky pixels, but the games were addictive. Next came the NES, and I loved those, and then 16-bit, 32-bit... and... y'see where I'm going? The game doesn't need to have flash graphics to be good.

As for L4D2 on PC, I have it too, but as Blinx has said in the past, his PC can't handle games of those caliber. Hence my disappointment.

Also, RROD? You people and your original model Xbox 360s. I have a slim. They don't red-ring... they just fail if you use them improperly.

• Like 1

Okay, I've made a decision here:

I will get another 360, but only to play L4D2 with Shadow, as well as play any exclusives that may interest me.

Though, honestly, I'm getting my new PS3 first(whenever that may be).

-- Transmitted by an ancient satellite from across the cosmic web. Or my cellphone, if you prefer.

Couldn't agree more(in reality i got a slim in January and am getting rid of it for different reasons). I'm gonna rant here for a bit, to start off with i'm a pc gamer because of what this generation turned into. My favorite console of this generation is the wii due to having by far has the best exclusives imo. Not only that but the console wasn't plagued by DLC and disk locked content which very few games did DLC right in the first place. The 360 and ps3 on the other hand, games started off at 60 bucks 90 percent of the time had all this exclusive pre order game content which frankly pisses me off and to top it all of, Day one fucking DLC. I cant tell you how bad EA has pissed me off as well as capcom, a company who we all know used to kick major ass, has toyed and toyed just to make there wallets bigger and ripping of the fans. EA doesn't even have the guts to admit it when they flat out did it anyway. The last thing i'm going to mention is the online community of xbox live and psn suck compared to other gens. They are filled to the brim with casuals who shit on everything that isn't call of duty or any other fps mind you. Both of the services are slow and there is no way in hell I would put my credit card on psn due to the fucking hackers. Lets not forget how bad this gens fanboys are ohh god I could rant for hours on those assholes. Either way lets hope to god next gen is better. And sony make a console that isn't a bitch for 3rd party's to dev for, then you guys wont have to put up with bad ports. Just remember guys this is an opinion, not everything I say here is fact.

Blinx you are correct in your rant but as I can say I have both Xbox and a gaming pc and I cannot fault either but honestly for the community aspect and to actually keep in touch with the people I talk to I need to keep Xbox live and a minimum of games but for me steam is the way to go mind you download speeds suck even at best of course but it is simple to use and has good deals

Eh, doesn't really have too many good deals at all.

I would honestly consider free games with PlayStation Plus a good deal, especially compared to anything I've seen on Xbox Live.

Anyways, Xbox to me is now a play-L4D2-with-Shadow machine.

EDIT:

Brohoof! /)

Brohoof! (\

(almost forgot to return it, lol)

-- Transmitted by an ancient satellite from across the cosmic web. Or my cellphone, if you prefer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.