A big issue all hackers for Zelda OOT/MM are facing

Zeth Ryder

Question

We lack a proper tool to do .obj conversion into F3DEX2 displaylist. So is there anyone willing to make such a tool or at least release info/documentation on how to do correct vertex normals, texture conversion, etc cause atm, the community is without a very vital tool. Without this, no new NPCs, no new objects can be made without having to manually convert them. (and spinout I can't get your tool to work at all nor is it very user friendly x.x;)

There's an ancient (and short) todo list in Notes.txt, some of those might already be implemented. Besides that, implementing mesh type 2 (IIRC all existing maps with water have that set as far display lists, should/might fix some of the current Z-ordering problems), the collision polygon type editor might still be broken, separate options for en-/disabling lighting, the skybox, etc. might be good as opposed to the catch-all "outdoor scene" setting...

The mesh type is set in the room header only, not the scene header. Also, there's some commented-out code for that inside ZScene.cs - http://code.google.com/p/sharpocarina/source/browse/trunk/MapDev/ZScene.cs#823 - although I'm pretty sure it never worked right, despite setting minimum/maximum coordinates. Maybe I was writing them wrong, I dunno.

There's an ancient (and short) todo list in Notes.txt, some of those might already be implemented. Besides that, implementing mesh type 2 (IIRC all existing maps with water have that set as far display lists, should/might fix some of the current Z-ordering problems), the collision polygon type editor might still be broken, separate options for en-/disabling lighting, the skybox, etc. might be good as opposed to the catch-all "outdoor scene" setting...

Concerning mesh type 2, I believe a checkbox asking which mesh type the user would like to use would decide the GUI layout for the "Rooms" tab which has two entries for each main OBJ file that is selected. By default, the main OBJ file would be selected as the close display list, and it would be up to the user to choose an OBJ file to be used for the far display list. It would be a pain getting that implemented though.

Also, a great option to have is to allow the user to add "buffer space" (empty bytes) onto the end of each map file just incase they need to add something in that SO doesn't support (like z64-tex-ext).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.