Need some help with SharpOcarina and Google Sketchup Pro.

Armos

Question

Hey there, Well I just finished my Model, So I thought I might as well give it a test in SharpOcarina. Well the thing is, I wanted to import the textures in the model so they can load up in SharpOcarina, and I don't know if I need a plugin or a exporter in order to do that, because I've tried looking for the obj explorer/plugin and I'm having some difficulties with it. Took me awhile to make my model so I'm done with it. I just wanted to know what I need to do to import some textures and import the model to SharpOcarina so I can inject my model into the debug rom. Thanks.

EDIT: I mean SharpOcarina, Sorry LOL My bad. Can a mod change the title to SharpOcarina instead of Sayaka? LMAO My bad. Sorry guys I didn't realize I made a typo there. :)

Edited by Shade64

6 answers to this question

When you export the obj, it should export an mtl file with the same name (except for the file type) and should put the textures in the folder with the obj and mtl. Then you just need to load it up in SO.

Would I have to do this with the plugin in Sketchup Pro? I tried downloading the plugin/exporter after I registered on the main site but it wouldn't allow me to get it, so I don't know what's up with this picture here.

Using the OBJ exporter that comes with Sketchup Pro, click to export (3D model), use OBJ, the click the Options button in the lower right of the export window. A small menu box type thing will appear, which gives you options for exporting. In the Geometry tab, you want "Triangulate all faces" to be the only one checked, in Materials, you'd want to check "Export texture maps," and finally for the Scale tab, you want "Swap YZ coordinates (Y is up)" to be checked and set the units to model units (if you made the model on scale with OoT).

• Like 1

Using the OBJ exporter that comes with Sketchup Pro, click to export (3D model), use OBJ, the click the Options button in the lower right of the export window. A small menu box type thing will appear, which gives you options for exporting. In the Geometry tab, you want "Triangulate all faces" to be the only one checked, in Materials, you'd want to check "Export texture maps," and finally for the Scale tab, you want "Swap YZ coordinates (Y is up)" to be checked and set the units to model units (if you made the model on scale with OoT).

Wow I didn't even thought of this, I did see an export thing in the pro version and I didn't know what it was used for, I should of searched more. Thanks for all the help guys. ^_^ Well wish me luck with my first custom map. :) I'll post some pics when ever I get it set up. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.