OoT/MM ~ Hacking With C and ASM

Jason777

• 1 month later...
Guest SoulofDeity

I tried this tutorial and managed to compile the code and add the cheat with no problems, but every time I try to set the break point the game just locks up. Currently, I'm going to Plugin->Debugger: Commands... go to 0x80600000, right click, and click 'Set New PC' and then go. I don't normally use Nemu64 and I'm really confused at this point. Can someone explain exactly what he means by setting a PC BPX breakpoint?

Guest sakura

I tried this tutorial and managed to compile the code and add the cheat with no problems, but every time I try to set the break point the game just locks up. Currently, I'm going to Plugin->Debugger: Commands... go to 0x80600000, right click, and click 'Set New PC' and then go. I don't normally use Nemu64 and I'm really confused at this point. Can someone explain exactly what he means by setting a PC BPX breakpoint?

It's an execute breakpoint. Right next to every instruction you can click and you'll get a checkmark indicating that there's a breakpoint set for when that instruction is being executed.

Guest SoulofDeity

I figured it out. That tutorial's really over complicating it, telling people to use breakpoints and crap. You just hit Ctrl-K to reset the dynarec.

I figured it out. That tutorial's really over complicating it, telling people to use breakpoints and crap. You just hit Ctrl-K to reset the dynarec.

Wow, I had no idea about this feature... Thanks, I will update the guide!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.