IGN readers say: Microsoft will win E3 (and more)

xdaniel

http://www.ign.com/a...est-possible-e3

Riiiiight. I do like my Xbox 360 and all, but MS winning E3? Really? It's just gonna be Kinect, Halo 4, Kinect, Kinect, CoD Black Ops 2 (or whatever), Kinect, Kinect and Kinect. Again. And did I mention Kinect? And not to mention: 64% want to see coverage of better graphics above all else. Ahhh, the old graphics debate. Not gonna go there.

Also - which ties in to my horrible mistake of reading some of the comments under the article - the most anticipated titles according to that poll are GTA5 and Assassin's Creed 3. And here you have people in those comments saying Nintendo's producing rehash after rehash and sequel after sequel. Really? Can't say anything about the games' quality as I've never played them (I hear they're good!), but according to Wikipedia, there's been four Assassin's Creed main series games in four years. As well as a bunch of spin-offs. I wish Nintendo would've made four Metroid or Zelda or F-Zero games in four years, all of which - or at least most of which - would've likely been very good games as well, considering their track record!

And GTA5? I sure as hell can't be the only one for whom all the 3D GTAs appear like one and the same, right? What was that about Nintendo and franchise milking? Yeah, right, of course Nintendo is the big offender here! Not Rockstar with GTA, not Activision with CoD, not Microsoft with Halo! Obviously Nintendo and their related developers with Xenoblade The Last Story Pandora's Tower Pikmin the "dead for 20 years" Kid Icarus the "dead for 8 years" F-Zero Mario! ...but damn it, even those are more innovative than GTACoDHalo...! Curse you, Nintendo!

(...and yes, the last few sentences of this post are dripping with sarcasm, just in case it wasn't obvious already)

Nintendo milks their franchises, as do Ubisoft, Rockstar, Activision, Microsoft, Sony, SEGA, and so on and so on.

I'm not going to look past the fact they all do it, and you shouldn't be so annoyed by comments on IGN. I mean, it's IGN, for crying out loud.

Sent from my swiper using Tapatalk 2

Guest sakura

I'm just excited for E3, I don't really mind who "wins". This will most likely be our first look at some of the WiiU launch games, and even if all we see is the next games in Nintendo's core lineup, that would be good enough for me. One of the reasons I don't mind Nintendo rehashing their old games is because they're constantly adding value to them. Take Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii, they were both really worth playing even though there are a ton of Mario games. Building on existing ideas seems to be what Nintendo does best, and I can't wait to see what they come up with.

In the context of Zelda, Nintendo is often pretty good at in some way revolutionizing the franchise. Twilight Princess saw one of the most impressive updates to the graphical context, and Skyward Sword offered some of the most realistic swordplay with the Wii MotionPlus controller. I'm excited to see where things go for Zelda on the WiiU (despite the console sounding like an ambulance siren >.>).

• Like 1

Wow, I hate it when people choose games out of trends. They may deny it, but we all know it's true. Alot of Xbox gamers play xbox because their friends play it more than any other consle. I doubt that even half of them like playing games or if they do it to be popular. But it's annoying. Nintendo needs more respect.

And like others, I think Call of Duty is probably the most milked series of all time. They didn't really do anything very innovative or fun since 4. And yes, I like number 4. But don't think i'm some self absorbed dickhead just because I like number 4. I just like the game, end of story.

• Like 1

Alot of Xbox gamers play xbox because their friends play it more than any other consle. I doubt that even half of them like playing games or if they do it to be popular. But it's annoying. Nintendo needs more respect.

I disagree, mainly because you have no sources to back that up(and the assumption of people owning them do not even like games, or play them to be popular doesn't seem right to me), and the 360 came out before the Wii or PS3, so more people are going to own them than other consoles of this generation; that would, of course, mean more players. So please, do not blame it on trends. :P

Nintendo milks their franchises, as do Ubisoft, Rockstar, Activision, Microsoft, Sony, SEGA, and so on and so on.

I'm not going to look past the fact they all do it, and you shouldn't be so annoyed by comments on IGN. I mean, it's IGN, for crying out loud.

I guess I'm annoyed by that general - or at least very vocal - sentiment online, that Nintendo's (among) the only one(s) who constantly milk their franchises, this IGN post and the comments are one manifestation of that. I agree with some of the complaints in Nintendo's direction (maybe the Wii Something stuff, and in turn - unrelated to milking - the shift towards casual games), but overall there's far worse developers and publishers out there.

I disagree, mainly because you have no sources to back that up(and the assumption of people owning them do not even like games, or play them to be popular doesn't seem right to me), and the 360 came out before the Wii or PS3, so more people are going to own them than other consoles of this generation; that would, of course, mean more players. So please, do not blame it on trends. :P

Alot of people I know only play xbox because their friends do, that's what I ment to say, I didn't mean all xbox gamers, I guess I didn't think that through XD

• 3 weeks later...

I play Xbox for Halo, that's pretty much it. I use the PC for the rest of my gaming fixes.

I haven't touched my wii since 2010. I usually use emulators if I want to play games like brawl. (playing on the Xbox and computer has made me a whore for HD graphics)

But what is worse than series milking is premiums. I was extremely pissed off when EA unveiled the premium 50 dollar thing for Battlefield 3. It's pushed me back to Halo, as much as I am meh about Reach. And with CoD being the constant copy-paste shooter, there's no games worth my time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

Really, the people who won this time were Ubisoft.... like so well. It was too good, they're trying to take over the world.

I really can only say that a majority of people I know have XBox and want to switch to it. And as far as I know, a ton more peopel have Wii than anything else because of that HUGE rush for them until like 2008.

And besides I really don't even touch that Wii. Yes I don't use it ... unless I homebrew it soon or want to play Goldeneye or Brawl.

While milking series is still on the table, I think a company should do it as long as they can... fucking ... MAKE IT GOOD AND INNOVATE.... like god please...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.