Dolphin emu

Fiction

Your graphics card looks to be a fairly weak model--ATI cards, in my experience, are almost always inferior to nVidia cards, so I might recommend doing some shopping on Tiger Direct or Newegg to find a better model. I'd estimate a graphics card to get the job done best for Dolphin would run you around $80 to $100. Your processor also looks a little dated, but that's much more impractical to replace, so I'd leave it alone. It doesn't seem to have much trouble running the emulator, anyway, so even less reason to consider that.Hardware aside, you can enable frame skipping on Dolphin (should be under Emulation at the top of the window). Bear in mind, though, that this will often make both video and audio choppy; I personally prefer letting the game run a bit slower than having it at 100% speed but stuttering. Failing that, there may be some game-specific or general speedhacks available. See what each of them do and try them out, some of them may help improve performance.

Just for the record, in your Dolphin configuration...

- Enable Dual Core

- Enable Idle Skipping

- JIT Recompiler

- DSP HLE Emulation

...are all checked/enabled? Besides that, there's some hacks in the graphics settings that you can mess around with, which might speed things up a bit (but also break games).

And as for upgrading hardware, from the specs he linked to it's a notebook, not a desktop PC :)

Wow, I should really learn to read page titles. XDNotebook computers definitely wouldn't be my first choice in using an emulator, especially one as resource-hungry as Dolphin. I would strongly consider using a desktop if you want a more practical emulation experience. Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

My Computer has a NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR 5 memory Graphics card,a Quad core processor 3.0 GHz a processor, 8GB RAM and a 1 TB hard drive. you dont have to specs as good as mine but it helps to have a powerful graphics card and processor if nothing else.

Hope this helps XD

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.