In My Dreams

Shadow Fire

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The emerald-eyed hedgehog gave Nights a slight amused smile, which quickly faded as he saw the injuries on the Nightmaren.

"Damn... you're lucky you made it... and there's no way in hell you're going back there any time soon! You have to recover."

Eyes narrowing, Sonic stood up and searched around the room. It was a long-shot, but it paid off, the hedgehog finding what he was after; a first aid kit. Opening it up, he dug around inside, taking out a few things, before tending to the jester's wounds.

"I know your world is under siege, but if you plan on going back to fight... in this condition, you'll..."

Trailing off, the hedgehog continued to dress up the other male's wounds. Just as he finished, a bright flash of lightning came, followed by a deafening roar of thunder. Ears pointing straight up, Sonic darted onto the bed next to Nights and hid under the covers. Yep, still afraid of thunder and lightning.

As he felt the nightmaren's fingers against his face, Sonic felt all of his fears fade instantly. He unconsciously leaned into the contact, a sense of warmth passing through him. Calming down, he turned his gaze to the other male and gave a slight nod.

"Thank...you... you should get some more rest now. I'll be okay..."

Another loud thunder clap made him flinch, but at least the reaction wasn't as bad. He forced a smile and stood up, somewhat shakily.

"I'll look for something to eat..."

• 10 months later...

As Sonic entered the kitchen, he raided the pantry, Eyes falling onto a few bars of chocolate and a tin of soup, he grabbed them and searched around for a way to heat up the soup. It didn't take long for him to find a saucepan and a small oil stove. He gave a slight grin as he discovered there was still plenty of oil.

"That's a stroke of good luck, then. Pity there's no bread to go with this soup."

A low rumble overhead made him shiver, but he continued, picking up a box of matches that lay on the shelf above the oil stove. Striking a match, he lit the stove, and waited for it to heat up, before opening the soup cans and dumping the contents into the saucepan.

I wonder if he'll like it. This will be the first food he's tried in the real world.

It didn't take long for the soup to be cooked, the blue hedgehog serving it into two small bowls, before bringing them, along with the chocolate, back into the bedroom.

"Nights? Give these a try. The bowl has chicken soup, perfect for helping warm you up, and for curing what ails ya, and this is chocolate... food of the gods."

Sitting on the bed next to the nightmaren, Sonic helped sit him up.

"I know this will be strange, but you need to build your strength back."

Carefully picking up one of the two spoons he brought back from the kitchen, Sonic scooped up some of the soup and brought it to his mouth. Blowing on it slightly to cool it down, he slipped the spoon into his mouth and gave a sigh as the broth sent great tastes across his tongue. Withdrawing the spoon, he cast a hidden glance over at the nightmaren.

He's much more... handsome... from this proximity...

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.