Minecraft

Malqua

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chapter 1:

I awoke suddenly in the center of a seemingly endless world, covered in water and mountains. I search around me to see if I had anything I could use to defend myself, but there is nothing. The next thing I think is shelter, I search around for a while for an abandoned house or a cave, but no such luck. Seems like I would have to create my own shelter. I have no tools, but the things in this world seem weak; I do my best to break off a part of a tree for lumber.

Finally I remove a piece, a whole section of it's trunk, and to my astonishment, the tree remained floating in the air! I continued gathering wood until I couldn't carry any more. I set out to find level land so I can construct my shelter. After a while, I had a roof over my head, and as it grew late and dark, I could hear things outside. I thought it was safe in here, but suddenly the sound was inside. It attacked me with overpowering force, I did my best to fend it off with my bare fists, but I couldn't hold out.

I faded black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2:

I awoke suddenly in the center of a seemingly endless world, covered in water and mountains. I thought for sure that I had been killed that night, but I assumed it to be a dream. I follow the same path my dream laid out, the trees were different though. My path led me to an abandoned house exactly like the one I built in my dream. I soon realize that I had died that day, that all the things I had changed in the world remained. I also determined that the harmful creature that came after me only did so in the darkness of night.

If I wanted to protect myself, I would need light. I went outside to gather more wood, closing the door behind me. I saw various beautiful creatures, completely harmless, all though their naivety would only benefit me in the future. I returned home to begin crafting some basic tools I would need: A workbench, and from that I created a pickaxe, a hatchet, a shovel, and some chests for storage. I ran outside quickly to get coals before nightfall.

The light is safe.
Chapter 3:

I wasn't bothered last night because I had set up the torches. I guess it's true that the monsters don't like light. My wooden tools aren't very efficient, I need something more powerful. Rock solid equipment should hold up more, and get the job done faster, allowing me to make more use of my day. I went out to get the materials, bringing along the wooden sword I had made during my restless nights.

After a few hours and collected slabs of rock, I decided to look around for a while before returning home. I was searching for signs of intelligent life, of anyone other than me, or anything I could use to make life easier. No such luck. I passed by some pigs on the way back. I figured I would need to gather food soon, so I drew my sword and attacked. Raw meats would do nothing but get me sick, so when I got home I built a furnace out of the stone I collected, using coal for fuel, and got to cooking. At the same time I made my stone tools and got ready to retire for the night;

Try to sleep.
Chapter 4:

I woke up in a most unpleasant manner. It seems a cow had found it's way into my house while I was asleep. I kindly showed it to the door, and as I stepped outside I noticed something I hadn't before. A small cave in the side of a mountain off in the distance. My inner curiosity sparked, I grabbed my tools and went on towards the cave.

The cave entrance was wide, but the deeper the cave went the smaller and darker it got. I laid out some torches as I traveled through, spreading light all around not only so that I could see, but so that I could make it back out without getting lost, or worse, attacked. The darkness of this cave is perfect for the creature that attacked me. I came to two seperate paths, from the left I could hear the tricklings of water, and the right was bountiful in coal and iron ore. I couldn't know for sure how much time I spent exploring that cave, but I had a feeling that night was approaching. I followed my torches outside, getting home quickly.

Can't stay long.
Chapter 5:

As the sun rose, and the animals outside became more lively, I prepared for another cave dive. I went through to the forked path and turned right. I dug out some iron ore that I could smelt and refine to make various useful things. Still ever curious, I also continued down the resource wrought passage until I reached a large drop to another level of the immense cave. It was far too high for me to jump down without injuring myself, and even then I wouldn't have a way back up, so I turned around until I could safely lower myself into the chasm.

Along the left path I found nothing but sand and water. Much further down though, I couldn't help but notice the faintest glimmer of an off yellow color embedded in rocks above a deep pool of water. It was within reach, so with extreme caution I decided to extract it from the rock. Almost instantly, water came like a raging torrent from the cieling, as if the whole ocean had been dropped on top of me. I was pushed deep into the pool without air.
Chapter 6:

I was rushed to the very bottom of the pool. Without air, I found it difficult to fight my way back to the surface since the water never ceased to flow from the cave ceiling. My mind raced, I thought about how that if I had just gone home that I'd be all right, not drowning underneath oceans of water deep within a small cave inside the side of one of many mountains. Furiously kicking my way up against the current, longing for another breath of air, I thought of the meaningless things I had done since I awoke on the shore.

What if I die here? What if there were people looking for me, just as I was looking for them? If I die here, their search would be fruitless. Closer to the surface, but struggling not to inhale water as I make my way up. If I find someone, they might know how to get out of here, they might know a safer place. I would have to survive this before worrying about other people, though. With my final bit of strength, I lunge for the edge, grabbing rocks to pull me up.
Chapter 7:

I practically flew out of the pool. The air I then tasted was the most delicious and satisfactory that I ever breathed. The fear of death made living a reward in itself. I quickly escaped the cave, returning home to rest a long while after the ordeal I had just been put through. That night I slept the most peaceful, restful, and long sleep anyone has probably ever known. The next morning, I awoke in the world I had before taken granted, but never again.

That day was the most beautiful I had ever experienced, all the colors were much more vivid, the animals more wild, natural, and the sky more amazing. After my own little celebration of life, I went back to my little cottage to smelt some of the iron I had barely made out alive with. I crafted tools much more powerful and durable than my current ones.

Tomorrow I had a new plan: Search for other people.

Preparing for that, I gathered all the lumber I could find, packed up my gear, and retired for the night. It was another peaceful rest.

Yeah, this is just a story I wrote in my spare, trying-to-sleep time. I wrote it on my phone, which only allows 1,000 characters per page, so I decided those to be my chapters.

I've been getting a lot of sleep recently, so I haven't been working on my story as much. This is how far it's come in only like, 8-ish hours of writing it.

Anyway, if I get more written down, I'll update this post.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.