Pull the Trigger

Sollux Captor

Being introduced to the song, Russian Roulette by Rhianna had be come up with the story that I have written and presenting for you today.

Based around the events of the manga version of Soul Eater, where Justin is possessed by a manifestation of madness called The Clown, and the person chosen to fight against him is none other than his lover, Death the Kid.

[warning=Warning!]-This is a tragety, there will be blood, and there will be character death.

-This is a shounen-ai/yaoi story, there will be boys being in love with boys, dark or otherwise

-This will make you cry[/warning]

Please read and enjoy.

Pull the Trigger

I could feel my feet pounding against the ground as I was in the middle of a fight for my life.

The sound of metal slashing through the air caused me to move out of the way, but not before the blade nicked at my face, causing blood to ooze out of the wound.

I would have been more worried about it if the cut wouldn't heal after a couple of minutes with this shinigami body I have.

I flipped my guns back into their places in between my fingers, as I aimed, and fired multiple times, but the target was faster than I believed he could be.

I heard myself scoff as he skidded across the ground, a cruel smile being aimed at me.

He was squeezing against the Kishin eye medallion he wore around his neck... the place that had once proudly worn a shinigami cross necklace.

The one I had given him when I was little.

"O' Asura-sama, give me the strength to prevail against my enemies..."

When he said enemies, I was scared cause he was talking about me.

I didn't think I was going to be able to do this...

Why did they pick me to fight against him?

Why did it have to be Justin Law?

The one I once called my love?

"If you don't pay attention, reaper boy, you're gonna get yourself killed!"

I heard the chainsaw yelling in my direction, but not before a sting of pain ran through my body.

I coughed, feeling myself double over since the gullotine was piercing into my stomach, and pushing further, causing blood to pool down my jaw.

This reminded me of one of my symmetry fits where blood would be spit up, and I would fall over...

I hit the ground hard, feeling the coppery liquid dripping down my skin, staining the white fabric of my shirt.

I had no time to recover from the hit as he brought the metal blade from my flesh, before his hand reached out, and squeezed my jaw, making me gasp.

"How beautiful... the blood looks lovely against your pale skin, little Shinigami..." His voice seemed to growl... almost seductively.

I barely managed to open my eyes, feeling my eyes widen... the beautiful eyes I once knew so well was staring cruelly into my own, a outline of red surrounding the blue iris. His eyes were so strange, when I first met him, I thought he was blinde cause the light did not reflect in them... and pupils were no where in sight... but... I guess that's what made his eyes so unique. The first feature about him I began to like.

"Let's see how much more of your skin we can paint in blood before those wounds heal, hmm?"

I couldn't see anything beyond Justin as this was happening, but I could feel eyes burning and a cruel laugh coming from Giriko who had been accompanying Justin as I let out a scream.

His teeth were digging deeply into my neck, which ended my scream rather quickly. More of the red liquid began to cover my flesh.

From the bite, my neck was stained and still oozing.

Soon my arms, the slashes were beginning to bubble with my life liquid.

Next was my legs, gashes had met my thighs, feeling his hands tracing against them, as if using my blood as paint and my body as a canvas...

I was biting my lip, feeling a strange flush had found my cheeks.

"What's this now? Do you like this, My Lovely...?"

He cackle caught my attention, making me flinch. That bastard... he was using the nickname that Justin would call me...

"It's ironic... they send the lover of this vessel of mine to finish me off... and you can't even do anything to me... and what a laugh! Your getting turned on from me cutting you up, staining you in your blood." The voice seemed to snicker in my direction... making fun of me.

It was already clear that the person in front of me... the one talking to me wasn't Justin...

Justin... My Justin was gone.

"How about it, little Shinigami... I could give you the pleasure you once knew... before you die..." He purred menacingly in my ear.

My mind seemed to go blank as if something had just shut down. I wasn't even in control anymore.

What's going on?

I felt like I was looking through a invisible wall, my hands pressed against it, as a yell of rage that sounded like my own filling the air.

My body had suddenly thrown Justin off, his face and hands stained with my blood.

I had picked up Liz and Patty, both of them now using real bullets instead of my soul.

Oh god no!

I yelled at myself to stop, but it did no good.

I watched in complete horror as the bullets were fired one after another, piercing into the former priest's body, he didn't even more as each one tore through the area that the bullet had found.

Blood was decorating his body as he had done to my own not too long ago... and...

What was that? The steel look in his eyes... the outline of red was gone...

I finally stopped firing, as I saw the Clown was tearing itself out of Justin's body, looking just as bullet ridden as he did.

I don't know what happened to Giriko, I couldn't see him anymore... he must have ran off.

Liz had run out of normal bullets, I aimed her, and began to fire with my soul wavelength, continuing to tear it apart, as it tore itself free from Justin.

I didn't stop, I continued to fire Liz in its direction, not until I saw it wasn't moving any more, as it seemed to evaporate into dust. It was gone now.

*Kid!*

Patty's scream had caught my attention, as he found Justin was lying against the ground.

His body was shivering, his voice giving off soft gasps of pain, blood gushing from his mouth.

"Justin!"

I ran over, and knelt beside him, pulling him off the ground, and brought him to rest against him, as I heard it.

The voice I always knew was escaping him. Justin was back.

But for how long?

"Justin... say something..." I whispered, tears staining my eyes.

"...K...Kid... thank you..." He replied, as I swear I saw him smiling.

"Thank you...?" I mimicked him numbly. Why was he thanking me? "Justin, we have to get out of here. Shibusen isn't far, we can---"

"No..." He cut me off from my panicked babbling, as he he held my shoulders, "It's okay, Kiddo... you don't have to try and assure me... whether here or there... I'm going to die..."

There was no stopping me now, tears were pooling thickly down my face.

"No, you can't talk like that... you can't die... I won't let you...!" I was nearly screaming at him.

He pulled me closer to him, shocking me greatly as he pulled me into a deep kiss, both of our lips and jaws were stained with both of our blood. He brought his mouth away after only a short minute. My face was red, it almost felt like a eternity.

"Please, Kiddo... at least let me die by the hand of my Lovely..."

"I...I..."

His hand was reaching out, and gripped my hand, which was still gripping tightly against Patty, as he lifted it up, and had the pistol pressing against his forehead. I tried to pull my hand away from it, but the blonde stopped me.

"Justin, please... I-I can't..." I was begging him, my voice obviously choking from my tears.

"I know Patty has one last shot... with the real bullets you were given... that's why you were sent here... to kill me, right...?"

So blunt... I liked that about that him... but that just caused a tear to start and form against my heart.

"J-Justin... I... I can't do it..."

He gripped my hand, keeping my finger pressed against the trigger. Why, Justin...? Why are you making me do this?

"I'm not going to hang on much longer... everything hurts, Kid... but... it's not nearly as horrible as how much it hurt seeing my body hurting your own like I did..."

"That wasn't your fault, The Clown was possessing you, you weren't in control!"

Stop it, Justin... stop being stupid, and let me take you home.

"You're so kind... but I can't forgive myself..."

Those blue eyes were staring right at me, piercing my own...

"I'm going to die here, Kiddo... I won't make it long enough for you to bring me to Shibusen.... if I did by some miracle, I wouldn't be able to see you again... give me this last sense of peace... let me die by your hand... let me see your face as the final gift before I pass on..."

Whatever Patty and Liz were screaming at me at the moment, I couldn't make it out...

Was Justin seeing this as a act of mercy? I can't tell anymore, my mind was too blurred up.

"Take a deep breath... and count to three..." He whispered to me.

I tried to do what he said, but it didn't stop the tears that were flowing down my pale face, mixing in with the blood.

"Kid, I'm back! I've returned from Western Europe to help you fight the Kishin!"

"You don't have to worry about a thing, Lovely, I'll protect you no matter what!"

"Kiddo, I love you... no matter what... if anything hurt you, I couldn't forgive myself..."

"Kid... I'll always belong to you..."

Pull the trigger.

BANG!

Silence had become my worst enemy at that moment.

I dropped Patty a few seconds after I found I had pulled the trigger of my gun, the last remaining bullet was gone, and Justin had fallen onto the ground... it was different from the first time.

He was still... no sounds... no movements... blood was pooling around him...

He was gone.

My Justin was completely gone.

The sounds of helicopters were heard in my ears, but the sight in front of me was all I cared about.

A small soul was hovering in front of me.

It was a soft blue color, and it had a little glowing white cross shaped light in the middle.

His soul... that was Justin's soul.

I turned around, seeing Sid and Naigus had arrived, obviously here to collect the body and...

No!

I lashed out, and grabbed the small fragile soul into my hands and wrapped it securely in my arms.

"Kid, what are you---" Sid was beginning to ask, but I cut him off.

"Back off! You don't touch this! This soul belongs to me and no one else!" I hissed, almost seeming outraged.

"Kid..." My weapons mused in my worry.

"Justin's soul is mine and mine alone!"

That's right... it was mine.

Not my father's... not Asura's...

Mine.

I would protect it...

Until he was ready to be reborn, to be with me again...

"I love you, Justin..."

It was all I could say, as Naigus was leading me and my pistols towards the helicopter to get us home to be treated if necessary.

The whole time I cradled the little weapon's soul in my arms...

I refused to fall asleep until I was back home with my doors locked...

So no one could touch it.

I'll see you again, Justin... your Lovely will take care of you til then...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.