Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep ROM Hacking

Malqua

So I was browsing another forum (in which I am just a lurker) mainly about Kingdom Hearts.

I was just going on to see if I had any response to my posts about some magical thing I was going to work on, when SUDDENLY I went to the entirely wrong board (Although it's Kingdom Hearts, so for me it's never the wrong board), the Birth By Sleep section.

That's when I saw this:

Hey there people!

I'm here today to share with you a program that will allow people to create mods for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep of any version or region.

There is not much to explain about the program since there are basic instructions on how to use it in the package itself. Enjoy!

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7odvx2af96l116p [uPDATED!]

To use this program you have to have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your computer. You can get it .

CHANGELOG:

Code:

Version 1.4.0:

-A new CTD editor has been added to the package.

Version 1.3.7:

-The extractor can now extract all CTD files (Text files).

-The extractor can extract even more PMOs that were missing because they don't have a pointer to the first mesh in the PMO such as keyblade keychains, separated parts from other models like Symphony Master's instruments.

Version 1.3.6:

-The PMO unpacker can now unpack any PMO perfectly splitting the model in header, meshes, textures and bones so you can "assemble" your own model. The packer has been updated too.

Version 1.3.5:

-Now you can convert a TEX file back to TIM2.

-Now you can reinsert TEX to the source file which was extracted from.

-Extraction speed increased in the case you choose BBS0 (which has a big space that doesn't have files.)

-The general extractor now can extract all special models without bones and skips models from PMPs that in the previous version it did try to extract and crashed the model viewer.

-The general extractor now only extracts the TIM2s that are NOT inside the PMOs or the PMPs reducing the amount of texture gargabe it extracted in previous versions.

-It only creates folders if at least one file of a type exists.

Version 1.3.2:

-Fixed the program detecting non-real SSCF files.

-The program now detects if you are extracting from an ISO or any generic file in the game and skips a lot of bytes ito make the extraction from the ISO way faster.

Version 1.3.1:

-Improved compatibility by calling the extracting, inserting, animation unpacker and animation packer asynchronously the processes. This also makes the program not to get "blocked" while using any of these functions.

Version 1.3:

-Added EAD editor:

·The EAD editor allows you to edit the effects color and size. For example, you can make

Terra's Sonic Impulse be black and be a super big effect.

Version 1.2:

-PMO extraction from PMPs improved, now all PMOs can be previewed/converted in noesis.

-Reinsert TIM2 to original TEX file.

Version 1.1:

-Stable version.

-Now it can rip PMP files (map files).

-PMOs can be extracted from PMP files. (Can be viewed with Noesis included in the package.)

-Now you can extract TEX files out of FEP files.

-TEX files are convertible to TIM2 interlaced format. (Can be viewed on Game Graphic Studio).

-Info files have been updated (thanks to Kurasa).

R006:

-WIP PMO packer/unpacker. It allows you to make other characters playable, but it's only for really advanced users.

-All unindexed 3D models can be extracted now with bones.

-Noesis model viewer added to the package to view the models.

-.ead, .seb and .exa files are now extrable.

-Improved extracting function so it doesn't extract garbage.

R005:

-You can now delete folders from the extraction to make faster reinsertions.

-Code optimization.

R004:

-Highly improved OLO editor without any kind of glitch. It also prevents the user to corrupt the file.

R003:

-Fixed the OLO editor misreading the amount of enemies/allies

loaded in the event file.

R002:

-Added .OLO files to the extractor.

R001:

-Extracting function optimized.

-Animation files can be packed in a custom way.

1.0:

-First release -Stable-

I will be updating the program with more functions and features as time goes by. People can request functions for the tool itself. Also, this tool is windows-only, sorry Linux/Ubuntu/Mac users.

You can follow the updates of the program at my twitter or my blog.

Have a good day!

Clearly, this is big news because not only is BBS the only fully hackable Kingdom Hearts game, but there's also a program that does most of the work for you.

You can do everything with this:

• Texture Editing
  • Model Swapping
  • Text Editing
  • Status Effects
  • Cutscenes
  • Animations
  • Music and Sound Effects
  • etc.

First thing I'm doing when I get home?

Playing with this program, maybe even make a full mod, who knows.

I thought this was important enough to make News.

Oh dear, I wonder if I can hack Claves in somehow..........

Well, I'm downloading the ROM at the moment (It's rather large...., so I guess when everything's done, that'll be my first project.

Claves.png

Aquakh3.png

****EDIT****

Meh..... this is disturbing....

I got the files, and they're all WinRAR, but when I try to unzip them, it says "Corrupt file".....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

You can hack it and play it on your psp, though it actually only works on Final Mix from what I hear.

I use custom firmware 6.60 PRO-B9 to run it.

You can look up and find key to truth's English translation patch for Final Mix.

And then I'm not interested in hacking much myself anymore. So I downloaded the most recent version of the Birth By Sleep Easy Modifying Station, and changed the game to what I wanted and patched the ISO.

You can change the look of characters with it, and add different weapons to be used in the game. You can also change some other things. It's pretty neat.

So if you're not wanting to spend hours doing the work yourself, I would suggest getting the Birth By Sleep Easy Modifying Station.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.