Back in the day PJ64

Jericho

I saw this on a website just now and lol'd a bit

"Project64 is a Nintendo 64 emulator which at first seemed to have popped up out of nowhere. I had some trouble trying it myself as my PC doesn't meet the steep system requirements of Project64. Yet from what I have seen, if you have the right PC, Project64 will probably work better for you than any other Nintendo 64 emulator.

The system requirements of Project64 are high. Don't expect games to run well or at all if your PC doesn't meet these requirements:

Pentium III 600 Mhz or better

128 Mb. RAM or more

Fast video card with 16 Mb. Video RAM or more

Windows 95/98/Me

DirectX 6.0 (latest version of DirectX recommended)"

It was great for its time, especially since you didn't need a soon-to-be-obsolete (or even already at the time?) 3dfx Voodoo as your GPU, unlike with UltraHLE. It also ran quite a few high profile games very well, unlike, say, Nemu v0.5 or 0.6 - graphic errors galore! - or Corn - very limited compatibility period, but very fast.

Still, at least in the beginning while I was on a... man, I forgot, a really slow machine anyway, then I still used TRWin for one game, and one game alone: F-Zero X. It looked like ass but it was really fast and still fun to play.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.