So Sun and Moon

CorruptedMoon

Who picked what, what was your starter and how far are you in the game? What do you like about it, dislike about it? Favorite character? Favorite Gen 7 Pokemon?

I picked Moon, my starter was Litten and I've beaten the game.

I like the change from getting gym badges and not having to use HMs. I don't like that I can't sit down, can't walk through a doorway and that the Alolan form of Vulpix is in Sun when everything else that I wanted was in Moon.

My favorite character is the rival, Hau. He's freakin adorable~

My favorite Gen 7 pokemon is Incineroar. He's a fucking beast.

I got Moon and started with Litten as well, and also have beaten the main game(*). Still have a bunch of post-game stuff to do, I'm guessing.

I like the return of trainer customization, very much so, and I hope it's here to stay for any future non-remake mainline game. That aside, there's the various things they've done to shake up the formula, such as replacing the gyms with trials and the removal of HMs, as CorruptedMoon mentioned. I also like the idea of having regional variants of Pokemon; it makes sense and results in some pretty cool redesigns/adaptions (ex. Ninetales, Marowak), but also some rather goofy ones (say, Persian or Exeggutor). Then there's some other minor things, like the rather high amount of flying target locations which is appreciated too, instead of the more typical "one Pokemon Center per city", or the overall graphical, level design and gameplay upgrades these games have gotten -- the islands of Alola feel even more "organic" than the comparatively straight routes and other locales of previous generations, plus there's no grid we have to move on anymore.

My dislikes are pretty minor, if I can even think of any... uh, the way you pick up berries one by one by one from their piles, instead of just all of them at once, or how the HP bar depletes at the same rate regardless of how many HP are left (i.e. the opponent is down to a sliver of HP, yet that sliver disappears as slow as any other segment of the bar). Maybe also the still relatively low performance of the game in battles with more than two Pokemon, tho I suppose it doesn't help that I'm playing on an O3DS. Minor things like these are all that comes to mind regarding things I dislike in the game, so I guess they've done a great job overall.

Favorite character I'm not sure about, maybe Lillie for her development over the course of the game, although Hau is fun, too. Speaking of fun -- or funny, I guess -- there's the Team Skull Grunts and their moves as well :P Favorite Pokemon has got to be the Litten line so far, plus Fomantis/Lurantis, and Mimikyu, maybe? Litten going from fire kitty to the badass flaming wrestler (see Z-Move!) Incineroar, then the cute and cuddly looking Fomantis becoming an elegant (but still cute) mantis as Lurantis, and Mimikyu... well, everyone knows about Mimikyu by now. I think it's adorable and it's probably the only Pokemon I... kinda want a plushie of.

(*: I was one of those who couldn't wait and played the leaked ROM that came out ca. Nov 8th on my secondary 3DS. I've since bought a copy of Moon, the "fan edition" with steelbook case even, copied my save data over to the cartridge, and continued playing on my main system. I also didn't go online before release, so I didn't get banned like so many other people playing the leak.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.