[Zelda64] Unreleased Modding Programs I've Made

I've made this programs about 2 years ago just to make something to edit OoT... x)

This is not longer developed / released until get a bit of help or new ideas...

1) ZRF - Zelda ROM Fixer:

This is the first tool i've made, this can fix all errors of OoT MQ Debug ROM.

Main Window...

zrf1.png

Game Engine Fixes Window...

zrf2.png

Area (Scene / Room ) Fixes Window...

zrf3.png

2) Zelda64 RAM 2 ROM:

I've made this because i was sick of search things in a Memory Viewer to patch some GS Codes...

Note: This doesn't work for all GS Codes and is not longer developer because now, we have the awesome GS Code Patcher of Jason777.

Main Window...

ram2rom.png

3) Zelda64 ROM Editor:

This is the biggest program here, i've made this to make my life more easy for OoT Modding.

This, apart of a simple area editor, have a LOT of more tools to edit almost every-part in the ROM.

Main Window - Area & Event/Stage Selection...

1.png

Main Window - Complete Environment Editor...

2.png

Main Window - Sound & Wind Editor (Area Music, Night SFXs, Reverb, Echo, Wind Settings, Etc)...

3.png

Main Window - Skybox & Time Editor (Type, Mode, Day / Hour Settings, Etc)...

4.png

Main Window - Area Options (Special Objects, Camera Settings, Map Location, Etc)...

5.png

Main Window - Scene Actors (Transitions & Start Positions)...

6.png

Main Window - Room Actors (Actors & Objects)...

7.png

Edit - Scene Restriction Table Editor (Farore's Wind Restriction, Ocarina Restriction, Etc)...

a.png

Edit - Scene Data Table Editor (Scene Start/End, Title Start/End, Etc)...

b.png

Edit - Instrument Set Editor (Also MM Supported)...

c.png

Edit - Damage Chart Editor (Included ALL Documented Enemyes)...

d.png

Tools - Zelda ROM Decompressor (Support All Z64 Roms)...

e.png

Tools - Zelda Resource Extractor (Support All Z64 Roms)...

f.png

Tools - Zelda Debug ROM Fixer (Port of ZRF To Here)....

g.png

Tools - Nintendo64 ROM CRC Fixer (Support All N64 Roms)...

h.png

ToDo: Zelda64 ROM Editor.

1) Add a Map Render:

If Jason777 can help with this, GREAT i will add this, if not, this will still incomplete...

2) Add Support For Commands:

0x03 Collision Header Editor (Unsure, need a render).

0x06 Entrance List Editor (This will go in a tab of the Main Window).

0x0A Mesh Header Editor (Maybe a Vertex Editor & JFIF Extractor/Editor, but unsure, need a render).

0x0C Unused Environment Editor (In a tab of the Main Window, but unsure, need a render).

0x0D Pathways Editor (Again, need a render).

0x13 Exit List Editor (This will go in a tab of the Main Window too).

0x17 Cutscene Editor (If JSA can help with a Cutscene Extractor / Inserter, i can write a GOOD tool to make the life more easy in cutscene edition and add this to the main program in "tools" section).

Comments with ideas are wellcomed... :P

• Like 3

3) Zelda64 ROM Editor:

This is the biggest program here, i've made this to make my life more easy for OoT Modding.

This, apart of a simple area editor, have a LOT of more tools to edit almost every-part in the ROM.

Edit - Scene Data Table Editor (Scene Start/End, Title Start/End, Etc)...

b.png

That information text looks very familiar. You're not trying to pass everything here off as completely your own, right? Just be mindful of the licenses of any of the programs you might've used in yours. ;)

That information text looks very familiar. You're not trying to pass everything here off as completely your own, right? Just be mindful of the licenses of any of the programs you might've used in yours. ;)

", and prevent SceneNavi ZRE from ex. recognizing a scene!" ... :P

All the program is coded by me, i don't know anything about C if you get the idea to me of check your source code... and yes, SN was a good motivation in that part of the program and the desing of the main window... :P

", and prevent SceneNavi ZRE from ex. recognizing a scene!" ... :P

All the program is coded by me, i don't know anything about C if you get the idea to me of check your source code... and yes, SN was a good motivation in that part of the program and the desing of the main window... :P

Well, you have to admit, if something as simple as a bit of text is already nearly identical in wording to that in another program, it's not much of a stretch to think that other parts of the program might have also been copied.

If you've really coded it all by yourself, then that's great! OoT/MM hacking could use some more, capable coders, and this is looking pretty nice :)

Well, you have to admit, if something as simple as a bit of text is already nearly identical in wording to that in another program, it's not much of a stretch to think that other parts of the program might have also been copied.

If you've really coded it all by yourself, then that's great! OoT/MM hacking could use some more, capable coders, and this is looking pretty nice :)

The only reason I can think of as to why the text is copied (other than plagiarism) may be that he no longer has to sit there and think of translating what he wants to say into English. ChriisTiian, do you mind putting up your source code on a version control website like GitHub, bitbucket, etc?

The only reason I can think of as to why the text is copied (other than plagiarism) may be that he no longer has to sit there and think of translating what he wants to say into English. ChriisTiian, do you mind putting up your source code on a version control website like GitHub, bitbucket, etc?

Correct, and yes, on GitHub to be more exact...

Yes, when i get the thing a more bit complete, i can do that, also, i have send you about a long time ago a PM asking for a map render for the editor... -.-

That was email was a while back and pretty much forgot about it... Anyway, the sooner you get everything on GitHub, the sooner I can contribute.

The one feature I always ask for in these things is the ability to edit map and scene files that have been extracted from the ROM. I find that this method is much better for development than editing whole ROMs at once.

You can edit .zscenes and .zmaps as separated files exactly like UoT, the only problem that i have for now is the Alternate Headers...

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.