Internet Explorer is DEAD!

john_smith_account

Finally, after 20 years the beast has fallen.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/rip-internet-explorer-1995-2015-we-knew-ye-all-113889644524.html

Good riddance.  I used to really hate I.E. back in the day, but I can't quite remember why anymore.  True, it was usually slower, and more bloated than it's nearest competitor.  And it always seemed to open up the Windows operating system to some gaping security hole.  

Looking back, I think it's been coming though.  I've done computer repair for years now.  Used to be some customers would prefer I.E.  So, when restoring their systems, I'd install the latest, "greatest" (gag me!) version.   But to be honest, I can't remember the last time someone did request I.E.

Oh well.  Anyone know if Web Kit is still alive?

• Like 1

I hate to be this guy, I really do, but internet explorer is dead in name only...its being re branded as code name spartan now. I just wonder what the hell there gonna do with Inori Aizawa...she was...ok I guess.

I liked her design, but the ad for her was terribly ironic. The broken and run-down city being taken over by bots... it just represented the browser badly, and as if the problem wasn't obvious enough.

I know that, in marketing, when a mascot fails to advertise a product, a company will create a new one. For 2 reasons: to get new attention, and so that they aren't left with the old stigma from the experiences during the previous mascot.

OR they might give her a re-color and new clothes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.