Makeshift Beam Blade

Jason777

For those of you who have know me, at one point I had a mod of my own where I completed a small custom dungeon that was to represent the Light Temple. This hack also included a highly customized sword consisting of a new model, new GI model, new icon, new label text, new animations, and... custom effects all made possible through an ASM hack.

Anyway, I'm focusing on the ASM aspect here; you were supposed to be able to fire beams from your sword and so I planned to do this by firing light arrows. The only problem there was that I could not for the life of me figure out how to shoot an arrow after spawning it! Every time I would spawn an arrow, it would float in the air. Try as I might to reverse engineer and figure out the details, I couldn't pinpoint exactly what flags to set. This actually went on for several years. As time passed, I would make attempts every now and then to find this mystical "shoot" flag.

I was wrong in making the assumption that there only needed to be one flag to set! I finally figured things out last night; you can see the fruit of my labors in the video below:

I won't be releasing the hack, but I will give you vital information concerning firing an arrow. Enjoy :)

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~jason777/Modding/Zelda%2064/Notes/

• Like 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.