Fixing up my complete mod for OoT - anyone interested?

haddockd

Here is the official thread for my mod:

Check it out

I dont have a title but that isnt an issue. Also, I did not modify the dungeons (at least not yet: although its unlikely I will). This mod is for the DEBUG ROM.

If memory serves there was one main issue with my old mod:

1) The language was too strong for many. This can be easily modified.

For those that never played my mod, I actually changed quite a bit

Major changes:

• Complete text edit (new plot) and I changed the order events take place somewhat
  • Changed spiritual stones to Triforce pieces (this took FOREVER and was long before we had automated tools to do it)
  • Added elemental damage for some enemies (fire and/or ice) to the Deku Nuts and Slingshot. You get to discover who is weak against them :)
  • Added optional side quest for the item upgrades. This one is quite involved and not fully tested.
  • Added optional dungeon (hidden). If you beat this without cheats...Kudos to you. I made it a bitch of a dungeon
  • Changed the music practically everywhere (even included some from the NES and GameCube). Most of them sound great but a few are off key. Whoopsie :)

Minor changes:

• Changed location of many of the heart pieces/skultullas (not fully tested)
  • Moves all big Poes (not fully tested)
  • Normal stuff like small map edits and actor placements
  • Changed the color of all 3 tunics I really disliked the standard ones
  • Changed the upgrade amounts for:
  • Quiver upgrades:
  • 1st: 30 2nd: 50 3rd: 99
  • Bomb bags:
  • Wallet:
  • Kid: 99 Adult: 500 Giant: 999
  • Deku seeds:
  • Deku nuts:
  • Deku sticks:

• Weapon modifications
  • 1) master sword
  • 2) hammer
  • 3) goron sword
  • 4) Bottle (that triangular bottom was killing me)

• There are textures that go along with the game and they are pretty crappy but they make the items in your inventory match what you use, so it works :)

What I am not sure works:

Complete Big Goron sword (I had no issues but some said they did)

There was an issue with the well not taking you to the right place (which I am unable to replicate)

Text based issues which have been fixed (there are likely more)

I would like to pick this up. Is there any interest in playing this? If so, I will take the time!

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Glad to see my work is as innocuous as ever, eh heh...

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/3001-zelda-oot-boss-modification-and-documentation/?do=findComment&comment=47254

Also with your weapon modifications you can alter the actual swing length to them if you'd like as well...

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2976-equipped-weapon-collision-size/

Three_pendants,

I read the weapon length documentation and it gives addresses but it does not mention what they mean or how to modify them. Do you have any additional information?

Also if anyone wants to play it and give me feedback (or assist) please let me know :)

Edit: 

Also with the Help of Jason777, my optional dungeon has a working warp. Woohoo!

Thanks J!

hi z64online. I would be happy for you to assist. Please shoot me a PM whether you want to assist (please give me any previous modding experience or knowledge that would be useful) or a tester (which would essentially require you to play the game in its entirety and give feedback) :)

Three_pendants,

I read the weapon length documentation and it gives addresses but it does not mention what they mean or how to modify them. Do you have any additional information?

Also if anyone wants to play it and give me feedback (or assist) please let me know :)

Edit: 

Also with the Help of Jason777, my optional dungeon has a working warp. Woohoo!

Thanks J!

Oh those aren't addresses, they are bizarrely the length of the weapons. The third and fourth bytes don't appear to be related to the length, but the first two bytes are. 

The actual swipes can barely be seen at 4300 and the normal Master Sword is 457A, You can have a sword up to any conceivable length, but past 48A0 the game treats slashes in a strange fashion and the collision box for the blade is in a lot of places when swung.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.