What type of games do you like?

Princess Eevee

What type of games do you like?  

1. 1. Games of what time?

• New and Advanced
    • Old and Classic
    • Both
  2. 2. Games from who?

I always find it extremely difficult to pin down exactly what kinds of games I like most... I think my tastes are all over the place.

• I guess I prefer more niche games/series/genres in general as well as certain indie (and in particular sandbox) titles, so, for example, the Etrian Odyssey series and the likes of Minecraft and Terraria.
  • I cannot really stand the likes of Call of Duty and Battlefield meaning, I guess, "military FPS" in general, with a few exceptions like ex. Battlefield Vietnam for nostalgic reasons.
  • I don't prefer fast-paced games over slower-paced ones and like them equally - compare RPGs like the aforementioned EO series to racing games like ex. F-Zero or Flatout.
  • I don't exactly favor Japanese developers over Western ones either, but my most favorite games and series - outside of indies - do come from Japan.
  • Nowadays I play games on both consoles/handhelds, and on PCs, but I do prefer handhelds (3DS and DS, Game Boy line, PSP) and retro consoles (ex. N64, Saturn, SNES/SFC, PS2, ...)

...and that's just on top of my head. It's really, really difficult to narrow my tastes in games down...

currently im playing on my oot 3ds most, im doing a 3 heart run.

my favorite nes game is super mario lost worlds(2 in japan)

my favorite snes game is front mission gun hazard.

my favorite n64 game is ocarina of time. (why do people like mm so much more? i know the story is simpler in oot, but theres a whole lot less butter spread over way more bread in mm) #2 favorite star wars episode 1 racer #3 rogue squadron(shame this cant be emulated)

my favorite gba game is metroid fusion, even though its really linear for a metroid game.

and im totally ok with the new brand of retarded military shooters. those are whats popular and i enjoy playing online with other people. if anything call of duty is to shooters what mariokart is to racing games. you get powerups, and they help you proceed in the match/race. same shit rehashed but nobody complains when mario kart does it. and i think thats why it got so popular.
but if i play military shooters im playing them on PC. i cant get used to playing those games with sticks. but i wish the wii had more shooters... it was like the perfect console for it.

I like games that I find fun to play. In general this seems to be older games but there are certainly some newer ones that I do enjoy. I don't really like handheld gaming because it's uncomfortable (as much as I want to enjoy 3DS I can't play it much) and I guess I don't ever play PC games either. Most of the time it's N64/Gamecube but I recently bought a Wii U so we'll see how that turns out when I have time to play it properly (I did a playthrough of TWWHD only so far).

I like to play the classic games, especially from Nintendo. Ocarina of Time, brings back fantastic memories, it is still the same magical game I played in 1998. But Majora's Mask is my all time favourite, because of the imagery, symbolisim, and the story, the games from that generation will always hold a special place in my heart. My favourite game for the PC is and always will be Dragon Age: Origins, because of the emotional story, the mystery of the characters, and the lore filled world. And I am heavily anticipating the second sequel Dragon Age: Inqusition, mainly because my favourite character Morrigan returns, hopefully with the old god.  

I don't have any particular preferences.  That is, I can enjoy any game that's well-made, engaging, and innovative in some way.  For instance, I loved the N64 Zeldas (big surprise there, right?), Pikmin, Catherine, Yume Nikki (and its assorted fangames), EarthBound, and Luigi's Mansion.  I suppose I end up playing more older games than newer ones, if only because there's been a dearth of games that interest me as of late, but I'd be more than willing to try something new if it seemed promising; that's how I got into Catherine, in fact.  I tried Touhou once, but it kicked my behind so soundly that I haven't touched it in months.

In terms of games that I don't like, I'm don't much care for FPS games.  Pikmin 2 disappointed me with how effortlessly easy it was in comparison to the original, but it wasn't bad overall.  This list would probably extend further if I actually played games more often.

I also read visual novels from time to time, although I wouldn't count those as video games.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.