Poisoned Roots (Zelda Fanfic)

~~ Poisoned Roots ~~

- Temoshi -

Chapter 1

(rough draft)

Upon the setting of the smiling sun, taking my Fairy Ocarina to my palms, I see the rise of the air around. I fall back into the soft padding of the plains, taking deep the memories I once lost. Finding myself deprived of the hero that roamed Hyrule, he's left the face of the Kingdom still recovering. Smoldering cement tombs on the land, with broken walls, and broken homes. Ganondorf did not hold back in the last war. Of time and time again it was legend to hear of the evil king be sealed, and I sealed him last before. The land was prosperous, and the lush grass now only pays a burden pain in the eyes with dead patches and dirt craters all around. It was not until one of our own members sealed other enemies that the situation grew clear that there was no other way. The realm was capable of holding in evil, but the growing size of dark energy grew too great when Ganondorf was able to get a hold of that energy himself. The Triforce remains safe, since the three guardians sealed it deep into a secure chamber underground, so Ganondorf was not able to gain his old powers. But the evil powers he gained was a result of something else... a result of both the reasons why our land is prosperous, and the way our life is now supported thanks to the new energy source.

The three guardians used to be simpletons among us, deceased heros of time, but were brought back with technology that harnessed ancient magic, which also integrated the power of the goddesses, whom imbued the technology with their powers. Thusly, the three guardians also obtained that power. The guardians were needed in our new time, and we realized when Ganondorf was becoming powerful by feeding off of other forces, we were doomed. It was unheard of to break free of the Sacred Realm, though our findings of the Roan Forest gem gave powers equal to the power of the Triforce of Power. Though this gem can't act alone, it needs to feed off of magic in order to grow into its power, then it's considered nearly limitless in energy. Something that Vaati obtained, who was once the administrative coordinator in the castle.

Our Sacred Realm is still like as it has been for generations, though changes were made because millennia passed has weakened its seal. Strong doors to close the portal were laced with Roan Forest gems, and enchanted every atomic year with dust from the Fairy Tree, which is kept alive through miraculous Moss Chu potions that affect plant life. The consumption of the potion is harmless to Hylians, Gorons, Gerudos, Kokiri, and Zoras alike, but overconsumption can lead to a temporary transformation into a plant. The result is undesirable if you're in a hot place. Leather has been perfected to be impervious to all elements, even my vest, leggings and shorts are all made from this leather, and more common as it's mass-produced to many nations. Even to the other continents as far as Termina. Trades of our resources has been between our Roan Forest gems and the leather from Termina. Though, considering the longevity of Roan Forest gems, and leather, trades are split between farmers. Food is then provided freely to the people while peace is maintained by the laws and upholdings of the King.

Hyrule has advanced greatly, considering that the people of the land invent for the sake of acknowledgement, and pride of the use of their creations. Several ideas are combined from many geniuses over decades, and our need for labour has decreased. Everything now is practically self-operational, which reduces stress, and even longer longevity. There was a decade, or so, of lethargy amongst individuals, though the yearning for activities was still desired. The hero was not needed here, but there were wars, back in Termina, when Vaati turned against Hyrule, claiming life was too boring, but also paranoid about the comfortable life in our current age.

Peace for the land became unsettling during his rebuttal against the King, demanding more jobs being created, asserting the people of Hyrule were becoming too accustomed. He did not see the crowds in the simulators, he only saw them as a bad habit. Even so, I did not see it that way, nor did the King. No matter how much everyone participated in activities, Vaati was paranoid... he lost sight of the happiness that he longed for, and feared that the world would lose any motivations after an extended amount of time.

Refusing to agree with the King, both of their views conflicted. Neither side was wrong, but could not agree on either's perspectives. I had to intervene as the Justice Representative of the Sages, and state that time should tell. Only then it can be determined what action to take. The King trusted my word. Being as one of the Sages, our life is immortal, and even the King knows the level of wisdom obtained by such a burden. A life that never ends, only to witness happiness and sadness over an over. Eventually I ignored it, but the pressing issue of Vaati's attitude alerted my attention. He refused to accept anyone's statements, saying that time was not enough. Given that incentive, he disappeared for weeks on end.

The King was worried as much as I. For a man who wishes for nothing but peace, we agreed that forcing labor would only cause more damages, which is why, as the King stated, that activities are created in place of them in order to reduce laziness, and reduce digging up more Roan Forest gems that would, in turn, demolish our precious land. In the King's time, he has seen the Gerudos obsess over precious metals, but also when Moss Chus gained more worth in trades, and they nearly killed the Moss Chus to extinction. This concerned me deeply, at the time, because it was the only way to keep the magnificent Fairy Tree alive. Something the Kokiri relied on to sustain their own lives, and I am the one responsible to protect my people of Kokiri Forest. Not just for my own memories in that time, but also because I am aware of my responsibility.

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.