Everdrive

Mallos31

Yes, but avoid superufo.com and the ED64Plus, it is a knock-off stolen from Krikzz. Check out Krikzz website, and there should me a list of reliable online websites to purchase it from. So far the ED64Plus works, but I regret wasting my time purchasing it. I was excited the day I got it.

Good thing is I got my money back, and the website seemed to have stopped selling the item last I checked, just watch out not to buy it from just anywhere.

are there other options for this kind of thing

Not really if you consider there aren't any other producers of N64 flash carts that I am aware of, but there are different versions. Imo, it doesn't matter which you get, but just as long as they are a companion web store to Krikzz.

Not really if you consider there aren't any other producers of N64 flash carts that I am aware of [...]

There's also marshallh's 64drive, and some other flash cart ("Neo Myth 64"?) that uses that manufacturer's GBA flash carts as storage, instead of standard SD or CF cards, or something weird like that.

There are multiple options for pretty much every cartridge-based system (besides some Sega ones, where there's only the respective Everdrives?), so you can pick based on what features you need, game compatibility, the price point, etc. You can still find copiers from back in the day even - Doctor V64, Z64 and co. -, although I don't think those are a very viable solution nowadays anymore. Well, maybe if you can get one for dirt cheap... which, granted, isn't too likely for N64 copiers.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. I was hoping there was just a simple tool for it. Thanks. I'm really looking forward to playing some of my mods on the real deal. That and learning how to make things hardware compatible. 

EDIT: I have used the tool, it said it was okay, and it still gave me the same error on hardware. Anything else I need to do?

• 4 months later...

I don't particularly want to start a new thread for this, but if someone feels the need, I don't care if it's split off into another one. Does anyone have any documentation on the F3DEX format? I have a couple of games that I'm working on trying to modify (Quest 64 and Dragon Sword 64) I'm fairly okay with F3DEX2 but I can't find a proper conversion.

I don't think there's any hacking-oriented documentation (as opposed to the SDK's docs for developers) to F3DEX, but the source code to graphics plugins can be a valuable resource. Most of them implement common functions that emulate SDK functions like gSPVertex, gSP2Triangles, etc., so you can compare how ex. the F3DEX2 emulation calls the common function, and how F3DEX calls it, to see how the raw display list commands need to be interpreted for each Ucode.

For example, in glN64, the F3DEX2 VTX command is done like so:

void F3DEX2_Vtx( u32 w0, u32 w1 )
{
	u32 n = _SHIFTR( w0, 12, 8 );

gSPVertex( w1, n, _SHIFTR( w0, 1, 7 ) - n );
}
...while in F3DEX it's done like so:

void F3DEX_Vtx( u32 w0, u32 w1 )
{
	gSPVertex( w1, _SHIFTR( w0, 10, 6 ), _SHIFTR( w0, 17, 7 ) );
}
...so to figure out how the raw command needs to be interpreted, you need to check what the arguments of gSPVertex are (which, in glN64 at least, appear to be the same as in the official SDK, so having those docs would help), and in glN64's case, what the arguments for the _SHIFTR macros (for, well, bit-shifting) are.

Hope that makes sense. It's basically what I've been doing whenever I worked with another Ucode, like for Star Fox 64 (F3DEX) or Super Mario 64 (Fast3D).

So, back to the original subject here, I got the debug rom to work on the ED64. Anyone know what causes the map select to disable sometimes? If so is the only way to fix it a reset? Also, I've found a few weird things. A few ways to crash the game that are a bit odd that I wish I could look into, and some signs that just refuse to cut. Anyone have any luck on that debug code for this rom?  

EDIT: Found out how to fix the map select thing. Just always stop the intro scene and LRZ there. 

EDIT AGAIN: Never mind. It stopped working for some reason... Also, pressing start while pressing L R and Z makes a purple square come up on the keypress indicator. 

Really? I did NOT know that! I guess it stopped working cuz I moved it over to 3 for the debug camera. 

EDIT: Any ideas as to what I can do to get the MM Debug rom to stop running so poorly on hardware? Music sounds awful, sometimes way too fast, some of the graphics are blacked out too. 

ANOTHER EDIT: I got everything but the sound to work properly. Some things just corrupt for some reason unless you have 4 controllers plugged in. Skipping or walking in cutscenes still does not work though. 

Discovered some new debug screens!!! Logged all new information on a pastebin here -->> http://pastebin.com/VWHx5zBc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.