A Big WTF - Monsterous Unmodified Stalchild?!?

Airikita

WELL WELL WELL, this happened to appear during playing around with my Epona hack:

UltraStalchildWTF_zpsd687c017.jpg

It glitched and got stuck, so I was able to get a shot of it seen here,,, but this is an unmodified Stalchild, I didn't change it's scale/size. Somehow this Stalchild appears only on Epona. The normal large Stalchild still appears while on Epona, but this third monstrosity appears when on Epona... seriously... how dafuq??? I never seen this on a normal game. Is this for MQ?

• Like 1

Woah, that's HUGE!! And during the day yet. XD I've seen them get huge like that if you defeat enough of them at night but unless you use a modifier, you never see them get that huge. I've had them get as huge as Hyrule Castle using a Gameshark code allowing it to stay night forever.

Woah, that's HUGE!! And during the day yet. XD I've seen them get huge like that if you defeat enough of them at night but unless you use a modifier, you never see them get that huge. I've had them get as huge as Hyrule Castle using a Gameshark code allowing it to stay night forever.

I'm guessing this is some beta code... it seems like it was meant to appear in adult Link's timeline too? I think maybe they scrapped it because it was too big, or didn't fit with the story? Normal stalchildren are still normal size.

PS: it's in the day time because it's glitched... when I hit it with Epona's hooves, it froze up like that.

Hyrule Field Stalchild

Actor Number: 01B0

Actor Group: 0184

Actor Variable: 00XX

XX = Controls the size, 60 is big.

(?)

Fair enough, but this isn't modified... I've never seen this stalchild playing a regular game on OoT... I didn't change the stalchildren in this ROM as I used a fresh ROM to hack Epona with.

EDIT:

Here's a different shot, showing the body as much as I can:

UltraStalchildWTF2_zps4fbfeccc.jpg

Maybe they didn't keep this because of how they glitch when Epona hits them?

Maybe if it is unused code you have managed to trigger it is what's left of the stalchild captain from MM?

It could be related... I tested it again, and another massive Stalchild appeared, but it wasn't as humongous as the one I showed here, but it was still rather large compared to normal... I think it was using Epona's size value as a value for its variable (changed/calculated to be a variable that is).

I think I have a theory about this phenomenon... I think the Stalchildren are trying to use a spot where Epona's position is stored, so it reads the size according to her position. The closer I am to the entrance to Lake Hylia, they get so enormous they glitch out and you can't see them. I had one flickering past the fork where peahats and bushes were. Its hand was 4x the size of Epona.

Whoa. Now that you have that idea, it could be traced back and proved I'm assuming rather easily. Seeing as you, and a few others here are awesome at assembly breakpoints. 

Perhaps... if I knew where to find Epona's position... I'd have to look for it, but I have a general idea of where that might be. I could "fix" it so that Stalchildren don't grow so huge for no reason, and force the size I want. That could be a fix for making Epona work in child maps, but I'm better to remove the Stalchildren regardless because they're causing problems with Link using the power spin, and some other tiny things (like shooting seeds/arrows).

I'm guessing there's too many objects in the map, and their zobj files take up too much space.

My friend just brought up the fact that there WAS the giant stalchild captain in Majora's Mask. And you had to like, ride away from it. Dunno. Maybe that was already in existence from OoT and unused. 

Captain Keeta? IIRC, you were the one chasing him not the other way around, so it's probably safe to say this isn't the case.

Airikita's theory regarding the Stalchildren attempting to use the same location as Epona's position seems quite plausible, however.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.