Importing maps to scale in Mario 64

Keanine

Question

I have already imported maps to Mario 64 and they work, but they are never the size I expect them to be. I have a model of Mario that I import into sketch-up to compare the size, but the Mario model changes sizes in game when the size of the map is altered. Basically, the smaller the map the bigger the Mario model becomes. I'm just curious to know if anyone has an easy way to correctly scale the map. It would be much appreciated! Let me know if I missed any details.

9 answers to this question

To be honest I'm just testing out what I can do with it. The problem is that I enjoy being creative and making things, but I don't really have any skill or talent in anything like that. I decided I'd attempt to make a level or 2 in Mario 64 as the level design doesn't have to be too clever and allows me to just try and get better. To be honest, it's probably best not to expect anything from me, but if anything happens I'll be sure to share on the forum!

• Like 1

Guess I lied. Here is an Airship Fortress level I've been working on!

Here's some pictures:

Sketchup.png

On_the_ship.png

Firstly, ignore the random fire, that was a test to see how it worked. Secondly, I haven't added enemies yet other than the bullet bill canon seen in the picture.

Since this is the Q&A forum, how can I improve the level? I was thinking that it doesn't feel long enough to reach the warp pipe at the back, but I'd like your opinions too!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.