Pokemon X and Y

Storm

Pokemon X and Y thread! I'm surprised there isn't one...

What's new so far in case you haven't kept up:

*Customizing Trainer

Accessories will be available to customize your trainer.

*Horde Battles

Up to 5 Wild Pokemon can attack you at once now.

*Photo Spots

You can now take photos of yourself in the overworld.

*Sitting on benches

You can sit on benches now. SIT. ON. BENCHES.

*Sky Battles

Special battle for anything that can fly. 

*Poke-Amie

Nintendogs X Pokemon.

*Mega-Evolutions

Some Pokemon can enter a Super Saiyan state!

*Super Training

EV training, but actually fun and in the form of mini-games.

*2 sets of starters to choose from (Kalos and Kanto)

Exactly what it sounds like.

*Fairy Type

Super-effective to Dragon! Some Pokemon have been retyped to Fairy.

*PSS (Player Search System)

Let's you find people who also play Pokemon X and Y. 

*Riding Pokemon

You can now ride certain Pokemon out on the overworld.

*Pokemon Bank

For only 5 dollars a year, you can transfer your Pokemon from the DS games into X and Y! First month is free!

Anyone else picking up this bad boy?

If you are, then what Starter you picking?  What's your favorite reveal so far?

What do you think of Mega Evolutions? What do you think of Kanto Starters being available?

So far I'm really enjoying how this generation is looking. I think the designs are great so far, with my only gripes being against some of the Mega Evolutions like Megastoise's derpy eyes and Megazard's vestigial wings. Another thing that's really bothering me is that

I've probably got my hopes too high and I might end up hating it

also I don't like how lazily animated some Pokemon feel. 

Posted Image

Chespin is the only right answer

• 2 months later...

Dragging this out because the games are out and I'm playing Y. Liking the game quite a bit, despite a few minor annoyances - ex. the awful framerate in battles, especially with 3D turned on, and how the rollerskates are really finicky.

Some of my progress so far:

• Player: Akatsuki (F), ID 22798, 5 badges
  • Time: 15h 34m (started Nov 9th 2013)
  • Pokedex: 93 seen, 37 caught (Central); 60 seen, 11 caught (Coastal); 22 seen, 7 caught (Mountain)
  • Party still undecided; currently having the final forms of all three Kalos starters and Pidgeot semi-permanent

Todo: Get the Scyther line, get the Cyndaquil line, get the Gastly line. I have to have a Scyther or Scizor in my games - preferably trained from level 1 to 100 (probably insane, but my dear Scizors Yomi and Kagura on SoulSilver and White say hi) -, I really want another Typhlosion (like I did in SoulSilver, like I did in Silver JPN), and I like Haunter and Gengar very much. Anything else...? Uh, become the Champion, of course! How could I forget that! :P

Ohh, I haven't played it for a while now. I played it pretty much all day every day when it came out until I had about 90 hours playtime.

I farmed my perfect IV dittos... Breeded... Searched for every TM in the game... Leveled pokémon up to 100... Caught about 180 pokémon.... Then I just put it down and told myself that I was done. (Mainly because I'm playing the hearthstone beta instead)

The game was amazing though, it is probably my favorite pokémon game? I am sad for the lack of endgame content though. Still totally worth the money.

Just got it today. Caught my first shiny at about an hour in game time (Caterpie, now a shiny Butterfree).

So far the most terrible thing about it is moving your character around. I'm finding it difficult to interact with NPCS and the like, and the Rollerskates are fucking terrible for navigating hedge mazes. The weird thing is that on foot you move in "blocks" like you would in the older games, but on skates don't snap to these "blocks", almost as if skates came about much later in development.

Just got it today. Caught my first shiny at about an hour in game time (Caterpie, now a shiny Butterfree).

So far the most terrible thing about it is moving your character around. I'm finding it difficult to interact with NPCS and the like, and the Rollerskates are fucking terrible for navigating hedge mazes. The weird thing is that on foot you move in "blocks" like you would in the older games, but on skates don't snap to these "blocks", almost as if skates came about much later in development.

I actually like this movement system. In many situations I greatly prefer moving in the grid system, so there're many situations where I use the D-Pad instead. (I used to get stuck at corners and stuff with the rollerskates a lot)

However, I have to agree that I didn't like it at first. And rollerskates will be partially absolete thanks to the bike, which feels amazing. And the bike kind of suggest that they made you move in the grid system on purpose for standard movement, since they could very easily allow you to move freely.

Also, I've yet to encounter a shiny, even after getting a ~30 streak with pokérader. (I've never encountered one in my life that I'm aware of, except for Gyarados ofc.)

Had found a shiny Chatot a few days ago... and had a critical hit accidentally defeat it <.<

I think the rollerskates are fine for getting around quickly in open spaces, but they're pretty much useless for talking to NPCs, picking up items, or even going through doors sometimes. They're a nice little addition, but feel kinda unfinished or at least not very well thought through.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.