Star Fox: Adventures E3 2002 Demo

Conker

DOWNLOAD HERE.

Get it. Tear it apart. Find goodies.

Though, I guess it is only a few months old compared to retail, but you never know...

Also, I found it here.

They seem to be finding interesting Dinosaur Planet-related stuff, as far as I can tell, anyways (haven't bothered reading too much/thoroughly).

Really, though; anyone here interested in tearing this thing open? And I mean, as much as humanly possible with it?

I also played it myself (tried on Dolphin, didn't make it past Rareware logo, plays perfectly on the Wii), and it has a few demo areas:

1. Ice Mountain
  2. ArWing
  3. Thorntail Hollow

It even has the full game in it, for some reason (selectable option, called "Play Full Game"). I guess at the time of E3, it was completed.

Well, mostly: I've noticed there is no voice acting in the full game option (or any option, for that matter), and I haven't made it past Krystal's section, so I am not sure what else is missing.

It does "work" on Dolphin if you disable Dual Core support and/or Idle Skipping, but once it's time to go in-game, you'll be hit with repeated "Failed to compile pixel shader" errors, regardless of the renderer (D3D9, D3D11, OpenGL; software doesn't work at all).

Don't really have anything else to say about it; haven't played the final game very much, so I couldn't compare the demo to it, either.

• 2 months later...

BREAKING NEWS! Potential "Diddy Kong Racing 2" textures in TEX.bin and level segment models in BLOCKS.bin, from Dinosaur Planet (N64): http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?pid=428087#428087 and following

...well, kinda sorta "Breaking News", I just like that phrase :P But seriously, have a look, try the rudimentary model viewer thingy for BLOCKS.bin, compare to the N64 footage!

• Like 2

At least the basic geometry of the blocks that make up the maps, so far. Just vertices... well, their positions, and polygons... uh, well, what vertices they use. No idea about anything else.

But yeah, that geometry is likely to be from, or at least very close to, the original N64 Dinosaur Planet.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.