Modifying the HUD

!Tommy

I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I've started modifying the HUD in Ocarina of Time and I've been able to use the memory viewer to make changes that I want to but it's all in RAM. So what I want to know is how can I go converting the RAM addresses into ROM address. I've been able to make the changes I wanted in the mem viewer but trying to convert it into something permanent is where I get stuck. Any help will be appreciated. :)

Thanks you guys, the info truly helped! I do have some notes I took for anyone who is interested in the changes I found. This is of course for the Debug ROM only!

0xb88097  
0xb8809F  
0xB880B7  
(A Button Color)

0xB8879F (A button icon Y Axis)

0xB8889F (B button Y Axis)
0xB888C7 (B button text)
0xB880A7 (B button X Axis)

0xB880A9
0xB880BF
(B button color related?)

I only took a few notes so far but it's definitely a start. :)

Someone could make a patch that overwrites the HUD's properties with values stored in a certain place in ROM.

Heck, I figure I could do it.

Well, most of the HUD's properties are stored around the offsets I listed. It's basically just a trial and error process to find out which does what. I think if you had enough time, you'd be able to change everything stored in the ROM. I almost have the original N64 button colors for the A and B buttons. :) I also moved the A button down a bit to emulate Majora's Mask's A button location.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.