Sound samples used in N64 games

Twili

The chanting samples from the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time, also in Cruis'n World's Egyptian race track's song "Cairo Cruising," come from Best Service - Voice Spectral Volume 1, track number 76.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9si5tvrhxtrvadi

This is a download link to that track, not the whole library. Mario's beta voice from Super Mario 64 is mostly if not all Warner Brothers sounds, including at least one from Speedy Gonzales. I just wanted to make a topic about the origin of the chanting samples, really.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

How did you find this information?

Googling and verification with my ears. Here's a folder with everything I have so far:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/rtgiunc0asb7k/N64_samples

163.mp3 = Bowser preparing to breathe fire (BETA) (WBSEL Disc 0002)

183.mp3 = Peach's screams (BETA) (WBSEL Disc 0002)

196.mp3 = Mario burnt cry (BETA) (WBSEL Disc 0002)

197.mp3 = Mario burnt cry, not sure which one is the correct one between this mp3 and 196 (BETA) (WBSEL Disc 0002)

76 Cougar Snarl, Animal, Cat.mp3 = Bowser's roar when jumping (BETA) (from the Hanna Barbera SFX Lib, HB02)

a06.mp3 = Bowser collecting himself (BETA) (WBSEL Disc 0004)

ad51.mp3 = Chicken sound effects, the source of a couple of Cucco sounds in OoT (WBSEL Disc 0001)

Track 76.wav = explained in first post

• Like 4

Any sounds that can't be found for Mario in sound libraries were done by Kumiko Watanabe. I can't find the official statement confirming this yet, but everywhere I look says so. Check the folder again. "betamario64.wav" is my attempt to recreate Mario's jump sounds with my voice. The second one, if you compare it to the actual beta footage, is almost identical. :P I did those in 2010.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.