EB Games EXPO 2013

Shadow Fire

Posted Image

That's right, folks! The countdown has already begun! EB Games EXPO 2013 is approaching. For those not in the know, the EB EXPO is Australia's answer to E3. Started in 2011, it was more like a trade show than anything, and held on the Queensland Gold Coast. Originally, management and staff from EB Games (Gamestop) were the only ones who got to see what was coming in the future, and test the new games. However, as previously mentioned, it was opened to the public in 2011, and the crowd was so big, that they decided to shift the location to Sydney for the 2012 expo. Last year's expo was so successful, the contract was kept for at least another two years. There is a plethora of things to see and do at the expo. There are game demos to try out, lots of cosplayers (myself included), heaps of giveaways, and more!

The EB Games EXPO 2013 is a three day convention that starts this year on Friday October 4, and finishes the night of Sunday, October 6. I can already hear the Majora's Mask jokes, and yes, I made them myself last year. Tickets go on sale on April 23, with prices ranging from as little as $39.95 AUD, to a whopping $699.00 AUD for the ultimate experience. I have gone for the last two years, and indeed, I will be returning this year as well... again as the Hunter from Left 4 Dead 2. This year, I will be taking my cousin, who is still unsure of what costume she wishes to wear.

Now, this experience isn't exclusive to Australian/New Zealand Residents. Last year's expo saw people travelling from across the world to share this experience. I know I would love to meet some of you there.

For more information, check out their website, ebexpo.com.au. Stay tuned, because when the expo comes and goes this year, I will be sure to have plenty of pictures to share.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.