Super mario 64 custom Stages

JDYoungLink1

Lately Ive been using Google Sketchup to make levels for super Mario 64 and I wanted to get some input from everyone, I plan on making them into mods with enemies and everything, but until I learn how to use Toads tool thats out of the question. Anyway please feel free to comment, give input on what i should make next and things like that any participation(input) will be greatly appreciated.

this a small stage I was working I was going for an old village style stage.

Sketchup model

Posted Image

In game model

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like the way you made the village; it was simple yet unique. It gives me the impression that it's an ghost town in (or surrounded by) the mountains?

thanks guys.

this was the village originally

Posted Image

then I changed it into this

Posted Image

and then i finally decided to changed it into the village in the first post. I'll probably end up changing again to make it more complex im really trying to get better at building levels thats why I had asked everyone for ideas.

It looks good. Are those the in-game textures or are they loaded with a plugin?

The only problem with making maps for Super Mario 64 is that the game limits the parts of the level you can access to 8192 and -8192 on the axes with invisible walls so you have to be careful with the size of your level.

It looks good. Are those the in-game textures or are they loaded with a plugin?

The only problem with making maps for Super Mario 64 is that the game limits the parts of the level you can access to 8192 and -8192 on the axes with invisible walls so you have to be careful with the size of your level.

yes they are ingame textures loaded with a plugin. also the marios size limit is indeed 8192 by -8192, but since I can load spiral mountain into the game Im not to worried about texture sizes.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.