Play As * in Ocarina of Time!

SanguinettiMods

Play As Dark Link!

darkspin2.png

Release

Download.png

• Included in your download
  • Play_As_Dark_Link.ppf. This is all you need.

About

This is a display list porting modification done by SanguinettiMods to give the player the abilitiy to "Play As" Dark Link in Ocarina of Time.

People to thank

• Idea
    • Spinout - Inspiring me to re-do his patch and take it further than he did himself.

• Voice
    • Sakura - Helping me patch the voice to the ROM.

• Graphics Display List Porting
    • SanguinettiMods
    • Flotonic - Helping me get the eyes to appear.
  • Documentation
    • SanguinettiMods - Display List Offsets.
    • All contributors to the Z64 wiki.
  • Testing
    • SanguinettiMods
    • MajorasKID
    • Naxylldritt
    • Blinx

Usage

Patch Play_As_Dark_Link.ppf to the Debug ROM using PPF-O-MATIC 3.0

Additional Information

Some things have a possiblitiy of not working correctly for you. I've had reports of the eyes flickering off and on. I have not encountered these errors myself. If you encounter these errors, I would be grateful if you could post a recording or screenshot of such.

Promotional Screenshots

darkdin.png

darkfarore.png

darknayru.png

Play As MM Link!

pre_mmlink.png

Release

Download.png

• Included in your download
  • mm_link_prerelease_a.ppf. This is all you need.

About

This is a display list porting modification done by SanguinettiMods to give the player the abilitiy to "Play As" Majora's Masks Young Link in Ocarina of Time.

People to thank

• Idea
    • Spinout - Inspiring me to re-do his patch and take it further than he did himself.

• Assembly
    • DeathBasket - Participated so much in helping me find model pointers as well as getting models to load at the certain times. Without him, I wouldn't have had the motivation to continue this.

• Graphics Display List Porting
    • SanguinettiMods
    • Flotonic - Occasional help.
  • Documentation
    • SanguinettiMods - Display List Offsets.
    • DeathBasket - Unknown and Cryptic Display List Pointers.
    • All contributors to the Z64 wiki.
  • Testing
    • SanguinettiMods
    • MajorasKID
    • Satoshi
    • Blinx

Video(s)

Demonstration Video

Usage

Patch mm_link_prerelease_a.ppf to the Debug ROM using PPF-O-MATIC 3.0

Additional Information

Tunic color changing is not enabled. If requested, I can give information on how to change the tunic colors manually, but you cannot change them via the subscreen, however the effects of the tunic will still take place. I disable the ability to change the tunic colors because of a certain error that thus far I cannot fix. The hookshot is enabled on the subscreen for Child Link, however, if one tries to use this the game will crash. If any other errors come up for you inform me and I will to the best of my ability explain how to fix it.

Gameshark Codes

These codes can be used to swtich out other equipment that you cannot select on the Subscreen.

Replace Kokiri Sword with Razor Sword

810707AA 7338

810707B2 DB40

810707BA DC98

8107081E 7338

81070822 DB40

81070826 1410

8107082A 1430

8107082E 1410

81070832 1430

81070836 1450

8107083A 1470

Replace Great Fairy's Sword (Biggoron Sword) with FD Sword

810707DE 0602

810707E2 1A20

Play As Saria Coming Soon!

• Like 9

What I like is that these mods go above and beyond the simple rugged approach of just porting the display list and making it show up properly, instead electing to expand on the features by adapting it into a workable feature for the game, such as with the modified colors of spells for the Dark Link mod or porting over most of the equipment for MM Link. Very impressive, and I hope to see more, bro.

• Like 3

I can not download :(

I get this

PPF30? Patch created with PPF-Studio v1.01???? ¸ x ®?????

<? € "5? Fu 'AX ®??????'? CX ®?????? <? €? 4"] <? €? ¥ 4] Œ <? €? 79 ^ Œ <AX ®????? €? 4c ^ |????

I can not download :(

I get this

PPF30? Patch created with PPF-Studio v1.01???? ¸ x ®?????

<? € "5? Fu 'AX ®??????'? CX ®?????? <? €? 4"] <? €? ¥ 4] Œ <? €? 79 ^ Œ <AX ®????? €? 4c ^ |????

I'm getting the same, but right-clicking the link, then "Save target as..." should work.

• Like 1

Holy crap man, You guys did a good job. Do you plan on porting MM Link animations in the future? Like his jumping skills like front flips, side jumps, etc? This would go perfect with your mod. :) Good job.

I do not, myself, but anyone is free to contribute an add on patch and I would update the main topic to credit this individual.

-----

Thanks everyone, for the positive feedback! If you'd like, share your opinions on what you'd like to see next!

Holy crap man, You guys did a good job. Do you plan on porting MM Link animations in the future? Like his jumping skills like front flips, side jumps, etc? This would go perfect with your mod. :) Good job.

Here's some animation ports I've done for that:

Beta Jumpslash for OoT Debug

Beta Jumpslash for OoT (U) 1.0

Frontflip for OoT (U) 1.0

Somersault for OoT (U) 1.0

Backflip Jumpslash for OoT (U) 1.0 (Zora's link's backflip-kick animation)

There's also a bunch of patches on my forums

Ok so I downloaded all your patch and patched the OoT MQ Debug Rom, but I always get a black screen. I used Mupen64 and Mupen64 Plus + Pj64 and P64 1.7. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

1. Was it even working before? You might have to adjust your emulator settings to get the rom to work

2. You didn't apply the 1.0 (U) patches to it did you? Those don't work on the debug rom.

If emulating the rom is your problem:

(video)

If applying the patches is your problem:

- Use PPF-O-Matic to apply them (I'm pretty sure you already know this)

- In the link's I posted, only apply the patch to your rom if it's labelled as OoT Debug.

A more detailed version of my problem:

Debug Rom runs perfectly fine on all emulator without the patch.

As soon as I put ANY of these patch, it gives me a black screen.

Edited by Naxylldritt
Please do not quote embedded videos.

A more detailed version of my problem:

Debug Rom runs perfectly fine on all emulator without the patch.

As soon as I put ANY of these patch, it gives me a black screen.

(I'm not sure of you're experience level, so don't take this the wrong way) Are you sure it's the debug rom? When you select a file from the main menu, does a black screen with yellow words come up?

(I'm not sure of you're experience level, so don't take this the wrong way) Are you sure it's the debug rom? When you select a file from the main menu, does a black screen with yellow words come up?

Yes, a black screen with all loading maps appear. I have a mid experience with this things.

The patch affected data within the checksum area causing the emulator (PJ64) to read it as an entirely new ROM what the CRC was updated. You just have to go back re-adjust your settings for your specific emulator to play it like the Debug ROM.

Yeah, didn't think about that. link_animetion.zdata is within the first 1MB of the rom, so it invalidates the CRC.

The settings are shown in that youtube video I posted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.