Converting .avi files to .thp

Jack Walker

I don't think anyone has posted a tutorial on how to make videos compatable with the Gamecube and Wii zelda games so here goes.

Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword use the .thp format for video files. It is possible to convert video in the .avi format into the .thp format using a converter. The converter can be obtained here.

To convert a video:

1.Open up the program WiiflowTHPVideoConverter.exe.

2. Next select the avi file you want to convert and specify size, start time, end time, and volume.

3. Press the "Convert Video" button.

After you have converted your video, you can test it using a program available here. You can insert the video into your game using a program such as WiiScrubber. One interesting thing to note is that for some reason in Twilight Princess has problems playing the video. An example of this is in this

Credits:

THP Converter GUI - Mgrimmenator

THP Viewer - Available at amnoid.de

If there are any problems please let me know.

Guest sakura

Hi there, I split this post off from the SS hacking thread because I really felt like it deserved a lot more attention!

.THP files aren't only used in Zelda games, it's very widely used in many Nintendo franchises (even Mario and Smash Bros). AVI is also an ubiqutious format, so having information about this is really handy, thank you for posting it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.