The Triforce? The Sages?

Zurg

<May contain spoilers.>

OFF TOPIC:

Please note that these are my opinions. If you don't like it, stop reading and click the back button.

The Triforce, a golden artifact left by the goddesses that grants anyone the wish they desire. The first time I played Ocarina of Time I thought to myself, why would the creators of the world leave something that would tear the world to shreds? It doesn't make any sense why the goddesses left it there in the first place. There are only three possibilities to why that is.

The first possibility is the obvious one: The goddesses left the Triforce in Hyrule to show that they are the ultimate power. No object can grant a wish; so why not change that to prove that you were powerful. This would make sense because if I was a god that created the world I would want to get recognition for it. Leaving something that is extremely powerful to symbolize themselves would make sense...if they're wasn't evil among good. This would mean that the goddesses were just careless, one may even say that they were stupid when it comes to that. Let's be honest though, the goddesses created the world so they have to have a lot of know-how. There must be a deeper meaning in the Triforce that leads me to the next possibilities.

The second possibility is less likely than the third but more...on the surface: The goddesses left the Triforce in Hyrule because they felt bad for abandoning the life they had taken so long to create. It was like a letter that basically said, "Sorry for leaving you my child, so here you can have this really awesome thing!"...basically.

The third possibility is my main reason for writing this topic, it stretches far but it is what I think: The goddesses left the Triforce in Hyrule to test humanity. The Triforce can grant wishes because everyone wants their wishes to be granted...and when I say everyone I mean literally, everyone. If everyone wants a single object because of it's power we all know that they will be willing to fight for it. I believe the goddesses were cocky. They expected their creation to behave more like them. But that just isn't human nature; good and evil will always exist simultaneously. Because there was nothing but the goddesses before they created the world, how would they known about human nature? They couldn't have because they were goddesses, which tend to be depicted as more balanced than humans when it comes to perception and emotion. After seeing the tragedies, wars and general problems created by the object, the goddesses created the sacred realm, and entrusted the title and power of "Sage" to those who were fit to guard the Triforce. The goddesses wanted to seal the Triforce off from the world to protect it. And the result was nothing of the sort. They had to fix the issue somehow right? That's where Link comes in. A hero that represents the sovereignty of the world and one who is forced to be courageous in all situations is the perfect fit. One may even call Link the champion of the goddesses. Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom because she is the mortal incarnation of a goddess. Even a goddess can make a mistake based on knowledge, they wanted Hylia's mortal form to be as cunning as she was as a goddess (but with the added human nature) so that the world could be led to a better

So that's my theory. But if I'm actually correct by some act of god, it still doesn't explain why the Triforce of Power was entrusted to Ganon. Did he somehow manage to steal it? I don't know. And it's confusing to think about it because it's 1:27am after a concert. So, yeah, that's my two cents on the Triforce, hope you enjoyed and please, tell me your thoughts.

• Like 1

Guest sakura

I love posts like this.

Okay so, here's my two cents. It says specifically that the sacred realm is the point at which the goddess's departed back to the heavens after creating Hyrule. This basically means that it was always intended to be in the sacred realm, it wasn't moved there after the conflict. As for Ganondorf gaining the Triforce of Power, OoT explained that in a legend as well. Whoever touches the triforce with a lack of balance between power, wisdom and courage will not get a wish. The triforce will split and each part will go to whoever embodies the other two parts best. To get your wish, you have to reunite the whole thing, probably as a balancing mechanism to prevent someone with an evil heart from getting a wish. Courage and wisom have always gone to Link and Zelda. Ganondorf gained the triforce of power after Link opens the door of time and he breaks into the sacred realm, splitting the triforce because power was the only thing he cared about. Then much later in ALTTP, he encounters the triforce again and is able to warp the entire sacred realm to his own wishes.

I have another idea as to why they might have left the triforce though. It was somewhere mentioned that Hylians could hear the voices of the gods. Maybe they simply left it as a tool, if they ever needed something done. They clearly watch over everything, maybe it was a way to lend a balanced individual their power.

• Like 1

It was somewhere mentioned that Hylians could hear the voices of the gods. Maybe they simply left it as a tool, if they ever needed something done. They clearly watch over everything, maybe it was a way to lend a balanced individual their power.

The events in Skyward Sword really support this idea as well; not just with the original three goddesses who created Hyrule, but also the goddess Hylia, there is a high level of interaction with these supernatural beings and the people living in the material world, even if indirect.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.