Compressing the OoT Debug Rom

Gazpacho146

Question

Hello! I saw Spinouts video, and I already have the source program, (ming-w or whatever it's called) but, which of the folders do I open?

I have:

'include'

'lib'

'load'

'lzo'

'tools'

'yaz0'

and the files:

'freed space'

''makefile'

'n64.ld'

So, my question is: How would I go about compressing it?

I'm trying to get the Debug Rom into a Wii WAD and I already know I need to inject it into a Majora's Mask Wad.

Like, with Animal Forest, the rom won't start up in Wii 64. However, it will work in a wad. And the debug rom works in both wii 64 and a wad. But, the 4 player patch (yes, I'm still going on about it.) will not work in Wii 64. So, I want to compress the 4 player debug rom and inject it into a majoras mask wad to see if it would work. Nothing would be cooler than playing this with some friends on the big screen.

So, if someone could tell me how to compress the debug rom, that would help SOOOO much!

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I believe I have the debug ROM installed on my Wii in VC form, so I can send it your way though PM if I still have the actual wad.

EDIT:

Ah, sorry about that. I skimmed over the post the first time, though after reading it all, I don't think my offer is of any use. D:

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2

It's not going to work if you try injecting it into a .wad. There is a compiled Windows Binary of a program on the Z64 Forums that takes 5 hours to compress the debug rom from 64 MB to 35 MB. I tried it myself and it doesn't work.

That is my old outdated Yaz0 compressor. The one mentioned in the first post is something completely different. Please be familiar with my software before saying it doesn't work (and takes 5 hours, it takes less than a minute with LZO compression). The one in my video (the one Gazpacho146 mentioned in his post) compresses to under 32 MB, because it uses LZO compression. I have tried the compressed ROM on actual hardware; it works flawlessly.

Here is a link to the patch you need to apply to your ROM (ppf, this was before bps mind you), and a compiled Win32 compressor. The readme doesn't have carriage returns so read it in anything but notepad.

http://spinout182.com/ar/z-filenew-windows.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.