Potential Skyrim Mod

Nate

Posted Image

The Team

- Me

- Friend from school who will help on occasion

The team is open to applications. please include your skill set along with what 3d modeling expertise you possess. We currently need someone who is good with modeling bodies as we need custom clothing and armors made and while it is something i could do, help would be much appreciated. PM me for details.

Other Credits

-Naxylldritt for his Bridge of Eldin model that was used for Shadowing Dawn when the project was still going. The model is being revamped in Maya for better use with Skyrim as polygons are not as big of a restraint as they were with OoT. It will be pictured later in the Eldin preview in a few weeks.

Why Skyrim?

I was wondering how many people here play skyrim and would be interested in seeing a zelda-esque mod for it. My friend and i have been mulling over a couple ideas for a Zelda tribute, and using some plans for previous zelda mods i have been involved with have started working on it; however, we wanted to see how many people would actually be interested in seeing this before we got too far into it.

My Friend and I picked Skyrim because of the fact that much of the stuff that i wanted to do for Shadowing Dawn simply was not possible with Ocarina of Time. While this will not be Shadowing Dawn (Mostly due to having to get TES Lore to fit with Zelda and vise versa), the fact of the matter is that this is something that IS actually possible for once as opposed to trying to get OoT to do the impossible.

Skyrim has the power behind it to bring what was envisioned for Shadowing Dawn to life in Skyrim. My friend and I intend to create something like Shadowing Dawn using Skyrim.

What has been done:

Overall Completion: 2%

- About 20% with landscaping Layanyru, linked the Hyrule/Termina Worldspace to Skyrim, finalizing final three dungeons

-In the process of of implementing various models and armors made by Chief-01 at DeviantART

http://chief-01.deviantart.com/

http://chief-01.devi...plete-311134061

What needs to be done:

• Finish the overworld (Hyrule and possibly Termina depending on time constraints)
  • Finish nearly all the interiors for homes and such.
  • Enemy models for The Guardians( One of the primary antagonists)
  • Need to finish some custom assets
  • Weapon models
  • Hi-Res Textures for Zelda along with sprucing up the Zelda model
  • Hi-Res textures (somewhere along 2048X2048) for various models ripped from TP
If people are interested in this please say so, it may not be for everyone due to the fact it is not canon in the sense that lore had to be modified (heavily in some instances), but even if you don't like the Lore, it probably would make a good expansion at least as this has about 40 hours of game play judging from what we have planned, and more if we decide to continue developing it after we find out if people like it.

If you are interested in helping we need people who are good with 3d modeling programs of Maya's calibur, and if you have Maya all the better as that is what we will be primarily using

A decent texture artist wouldn't hurt as it saves me (who sucks at textures) from slaving in gimp for hours and hours on end on a texture that will probably only be half decent.

Feedback greatly appreciated

Planned Development Timeline:

Overall we are shooting for this mod to be done/playable at the end of august/beginning of September

- Height mapping/ landscape: We hope to have this complete sometime in the next three weeks. For those who are familiar with my maps, you know that i like to go over the top with them and this is no different, in fact it is even more so due to the fact that Skyrim is far more powerful than OOT. The planned scale of this area will easily match (or possibly surpass) Twilight Princess's overworld in size. This may seem like a massive undertaking, and it is; however, since i can height map roughly a province a day, it should be something that is feasible

- Dungeons: While most of the games dungeons are planned or partly planned/completed, hopefully the dungeons can be done sometime in the next two weeks

-Item Implementation: By far the quickest thing to do, all items that need to be added to Skyrim could be done within about eight hours, not counting the time it will take to model custom outfits for NPCs (E.g. the outfit worn by Twilight Princess Zelda)

-Various NPC asset Implementation: While most NPC's can be constructed out of stock Skyrim assets that have been slightly modified for the purpose of creating characters resembling Hylians, some NPC's such as Zelda (Proving to be the most troublesome NPC to implement) will require unique assets such as her hair, face, etc. I have not attempted this yet and do not know how long it may take. I do know the hair part is really easy, the face not so much as i would need to rig it for animations (pain in the ass) so that when she talks, the face moves etc.

-Voice Acting: Could probably be done within a weekend, implementation of those voices, not sure. A list of NPCs requiring voice acting is being compiled as we go. If people wish to help with this it would be much appreciated.

LIST OF NPCS NEEDING VOICE ACTING

• Zelda
  • Shadowlink
  • To be named Legate
  • Hyrule Guards
  • Guardians
  • Goddesses
  • other will be added over the course of development
Development Log:

6/5/12

-Made about half of the first dungeon, should be complete tomorrow.

-Hyrule Castle Exterior 25%

6/6/12

-Started construction of the Ordon Provence along with Faron woods and the Sacred Grove

-Dungeon Exterior for first dungeon complete

-first dungeon complete

-started to work on Master Sword model along with various other weapon models,

-laid out the plans for how i intend on executing the creation of the Hylian race, not sure however if i will have the race be playable or not.

-Started prepping some custom armors and assets ( Shiek's Garb, Zelda's Hair, Link's hair, magic armor, various others)

6/7/12

-Storyline revisions

-Working on Hyrule Castle's interior floorplan along with the components for the castle interiors for import into the Creation Kit.

6/11/12

-About 10% complete with the Ordon province, map development will start to move a lot faster when i get to things such as mountain ranges (don't have to be nearly as meticulous with details with things like those, especially since i'm not modeling them after anything)

-Working on some custom models, still in the process of drafting (literally drafting stuff on on a drafting board) out floor plans for custom areas, such as Hyrule Castle and Hyrule Castle Town, all of which are being constructed out of custom assets.

-Figured out how to implement some new gameplay mechanics

6/12/12

-after play testing i have come to the conclusion that perhaps following Twilight Princess's map layout to the extend i have for Ordon has not translated well into Skyrim. As such Ordon will probably have to be scraped. Due to this i will probably have to completely redesign most of Hyrule, save for Hyrule Field, which by its very nature is more flexible than a village and therefore should translate better into Skyrim. The reason for Ordon being scrapped is that it is simply too big for its own good and it gets boring to walk across,instead i am going to restart the over-world, but first after i have completed all models for import into the game. Having these models in game should make it much easier to landscape Hyrule field and produce a higher quality product.

-Thankfully; however, i have a back up map that i did in the event that something like this happened and while it is not complete and was actually scrapped concept art, most of it should be reusable, with just some outlying areas (like Ordon) having to be completely re imagined. Instead of starting with Ordon, i am instead going to start with Lanayru Province/ Hyrule Castle (also my favorite province).

7/8/12

-Southernwind Pass 90% Complete

-Solitude Revamp 50% Complete: Revamps the appearance of Solitude and adds some stuff to the city as part of the prologue questline

-Northwind Pass Exterior/Forest Temple (OoT) 25% Complete ****

****Northwind Pass leads to the rear side of the OoT Forest Temple assuming the place where you enter in OoT is the front. I will post pictures sometime when it is more complete; however, it is amazing so far

-Hyrule/Termina/Other Provinces 2% Completion, still in process of height mapping.

7/20/2012:

-Hyrule is now connected to the Skyrim worldspace via mountain passes.

-about half way through Layanru Province

-Northwind Pass is near completion, Northwind is rather large being comparable to High Hrothgar in combination with the better part of riverwood in size.

8/5/2012

-Still working on Layanru Province, basically going back and making serious revisions to it.

-Starting to work on Cyrodiil; my plans for Cyrodiil are not to intensive as Cyrodiil is only needed for a couple of quests, i don't intend to spend more than a couple of weeks on it as only a few areas will be accessible; however, i may allow the player to walk from place to place depending on how far i get; but don't count on it.

Preview Pictures:

Ordon Village Preview - Added 6/9/12

- The stock skyrim village houses are just placeholders for now, eventually i would like to swap them out with high detail renditions of the houses seen in Twilight Princess.

This picture is of the Work in Progress and is only around 25% completion. I would like to have the entire province done (some of it is not pictured) sometime around sunday. The house interiors are yet to be done, but are the least of my worries at the moment as i could do most of the houses for the mod in one weekend. Landscaping however is a diffrent story as the game map we have planned combines and includes OoT, TP, and some MM areas. The size of the overall map should surpass Twilight Princess in size if we keep to the plans.

Posted Image

Second Ordon Preview: Ordon Springs:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Wow, this actually sounds really awesome. I'm wondering if this would be for the PC version or the Xbox 360? Either way, it doesn't really matter to me since my Xbox is flashed with JungleFlasher -- this means I can play burned games. And if it's for the the PC, my brother's computer can handle it.

It will be on the workshop; however, we plan on having it on Skyrim Nexus and here for download for those that don't use workshop. It will be PC only, on a side note, i was not aware there was any way to use Skyrim mods on an Xbox

Besides various images using solely Skyrim assets, not at the moment, still messing with the UV textures on the custom models, i hope to have some screen shots up by next week. Maybe later on this week i will post some screenshots of some of the models even though they either are not in game/ not perfect yet.

Sorry for double post:

I am just tossing it out there that at some point i may need some voice actors for this mod. If people are interested please let me know. You must have a high quality mic in order to qualify for this due to the fact we need quality audio. If anyone is interested the list of NPCs that need voice acting is being compiled and will be posted tomorrow.

Wow, triple post. Anyways updated the main post with some preview images. I also am recuiting for this mod, so if anyone who has Skyrim and the Creation Kit wants to help, there is plenty of work to do. If interested just leave a post here. Also at this time Ordon is at roughly 50% completion as far as the exterior goes (already about twice the size of Twilight Princess's Ordon) . Interiors are at 0% sadly.

• 4 weeks later...

Fairly well, decent progress has been made:

-Storyline is complete along with detailed outline of all available quests

-Southernwind Pass is nearly complete, this is the pass that leads to Hyrule/Termina. It is located in Falkreath and leads to the southernmost part of the heavily expanded upon Ordon Province.

-Ordon Province is in its early stages of development

-Changes to the Skyrim/Tamriel worldspace are nearly complete: This includes two dungeons that must be completed along with some other smaller areas that must also be explored to gain access to Southernwind and ultimately Hyrule. All that is left for modifcations to the Tamriel worldspace is the revamp of Solitude.

- currently modeling Hyrule Castle along with many other 3D assets and currently implementing most of the weapons/armors including reimagined hero's clothes, magic armor, etc. Hero's clothes will look something like this (also inspired by this) http://browse.deviantart.com/digitalart/3d/?order=9&q=Link&offset=168#/d3eblru

-New races currently being planned out (Hylian, Shiekaih, etc) Not sure if Zoras and Gorons will be implemented right away as that is a lot more involved than creating a new race using stock skyrim assets with slight modifications.

Screenshots of Southernwind Pass W.I.P:

There is actually a vast mountain range in the background; however, the LOD hasnt been completed yet.

Posted Image

Hyrulian Border W.I.P

Posted Image

Skyrim Border

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the feedback, i hope to have the Skyrim portion of the mod done in the next couple of weeks, meaning this will be playable up through the first three quests by the end of July. The Hyrule/Termina portion will take a while though since those together will be huge, i will upload a revised map of Tamriel with Hyrule/Termina included sometime soon to give you guys an idea of the scale.

• 4 weeks later...

Some more preview shots. Hyrule is still far from being done with Ordon still being under construction and Layanru almost completely height mapped. In the past two weeks the following has been completed:

-Complete revised world map with locations

-Started White-Gold Tower- Cyrodiil ( White Gold Tower will also be a location that you will be able to visit along with the immediate surrounding area)

-Started Hyrule Castle Exterior,

-Completed Northwind Pass landscaping and started interior, probably the best work so far on this mod; however, don't want to spoil anything, especially this, alot of work has been going into this area and when its done i promise this area will be epic.

-Still working on various weapon imports and armors

-Nearly have completed revised game outline along with nearly complete character list and small bios to go with most of the ones that will have any sort of role in the story.

-Other small details have been worked out/ started to implement.

Revised Castle Dour with Solitude Library- Interior currently w.i.p

Posted Image

Northwind Pass Entrance

- Basically the border between Skyrim and Hyrule, the entire thing is not pictured as i dont want to give any hits as to its location, although it should not prove very difficult to find.

Posted Image

Posted Image

more will be posted later, this is just what i had at the moment to show you guys. i will get some better pictures later tomorrow and put them here.

Layranru Preview:

This is the w.i.p of Lake Hylia, currently under construction:

LOD is not completed yet.

Layranru Falls - waterfall from upper Lake Hylia

Posted Image

Hylia Boat House, Upper Lake Hylia

Posted Image

Other Shots

Posted Image

Edit: Currently about a quarter of the way though Layanru, laying out ground work for the Cyrodiil part of the Mod after playing some Oblivion; considering making Cyrodiil standalone, in the process of ripping models from oblivion.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is much appreciated. Still working on Layanru, going to hold off on some stuff until i get Dawnguard, some of the assets look spectacular and i would like to integrate them into the mod. Cyrodiil is also progressing nicely, i have a good portion of the western coastline height mapped and have started to add details. Since Cyrodiil is limited though, i am doing a heavily compressed version of it, probably about a 10th of the size of Oblivion. Still large enough to give a vast look with the right placement of assets, but not so large that it is something unrealistic to try and slap together. Basically since only the cities are accessible along with a few select ruins there is no real need to make a massive map when i can get the same affect with a smaller one. more to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is much appreciated. Still working on Layanru, going to hold off on some stuff until i get Dawnguard, some of the assets look spectacular and i would like to integrate them into the mod. Cyrodiil is also progressing nicely, i have a good portion of the western coastline height mapped and have started to add details. Since Cyrodiil is limited though, i am doing a heavily compressed version of it, probably about a 10th of the size of Oblivion. Still large enough to give a vast look with the right placement of assets, but not so large that it is something unrealistic to try and slap together. Basically since only the cities are accessible along with a few select ruins there is no real need to make a massive map when i can get the same affect with a smaller one. more to come.

WOOHOO!

Status Update:

Oowoon and Overmind have joined the team

-Southernwind passage and Northwind Pass are being reworked with Dawnguard components, Dawnguard is now required for this mod.

-Reworking Pretty much everything that has been done so far to Hyrule.

• 2 weeks later...

Work on this project will now slow down a bit as i depart for college. I cant work on this as much as i need to maintain my grades for scholarships and a potential transfer to Harvard, i still will be able to put in an hour or two a week minimum.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.