Elder Scrolls Online

Xylaphone

So this is becoming official, all though I remember the TES team saying that they would never do a multiplayer elder scrolls game back in the oblivion days. Not sure how to feel about this, but I do think that I have not been disappointed in an elder scrolls game besides horse armor not being able to be added to unicorns which was the best mount in all of oblivion. game informer does have this listed as pc and mac game so I won't have to try to run it through crossover.

http://www.gameinfor...lls-online.aspx

Definitely not looking forward to this. While I'll still probably get it, it does not appeal to me at all. I mean, what's next? A Final Fantasy MMO? Here's my big problem with it: Elder Scrolls has always been a single player game. I simply cannot wrap my head around the fact that other people could be fighting the same monster as me in The Elder Scrolls. I -like- being the hero that everyone loves because I killed the big bad evil guy. I don't want to have to share that fame with other people.

Definitely not looking forward to this. While I'll still probably get it, it does not appeal to me at all. I mean, what's next? A Final Fantasy MMO? Here's my big problem with it: Elder Scrolls has always been a single player game. I simply cannot wrap my head around the fact that other people could be fighting the same monster as me in The Elder Scrolls. I -like- being the hero that everyone loves because I killed the big bad evil guy. I don't want to have to share that fame with other people.

Definitely shares my feelings on the topic. I've never actually played any of the Elder Scrolls games but my impression is that the entire game revolves around turning your character from an average joe to that of a near-deity. That is an awesome concept for an RPG and works well because everyone likes being flattered, and there's no one to steal your thunder. Naturally, then, the entire thing is ruined when you have people replicating your heroic deeds ad infinitum. "Oh, you killed the bandit king? That's nothing, I skewered Svettleburp the Hell Demon with this game's creator's spiked helm while his head was still in it, LOL"

I myself don't mind that a single player game is going online. It's worked well before, and it's miserably failed before

OFF TOPIC:

Looking at you, FFXIV
. But I, personally, will most likely enjoy it, since I'm quite the MMO fanatic whom abandons all responsibility for a few hours with RIFT. That and the fact that I want nothing more than to explore the Black Marsh. Don't give a shit about all this sharing fame. As long as the story, gameplay, and environment is good, to hell with all else, I'm playing. Although I do have my doubts. We'll just have to see how it turns out when the game is released.

HEy guys, I think this has been confirmed! New screens and footage are up now!

Either way I think this can break the series. IT's mostly fun alone. I don't want to play with others unless this will be all multiplayer.

This will destroy my computer.

Well, it seems I think differently the most of you guys haha, i LOVE this idea. Playing through Skyrim I had always been thinking "Wow, this is such a good game and ALL of my friends play too, wouldn't it be cool if we could play through together?" Not to mention the dungeon changes this could bring, maybe even the inclusion of raids. Regardless, i'm sure they will still continue making Elder Scrolls games like Skyrim for the consoles along with this online experience...

Well, it seems I think differently the most of you guys haha, i LOVE this idea. Playing through Skyrim I had always been thinking "Wow, this is such a good game and ALL of my friends play too, wouldn't it be cool if we could play through together?" Not to mention the dungeon changes this could bring, maybe even the inclusion of raids. Regardless, i'm sure they will still continue making Elder Scrolls games like Skyrim for the consoles along with this online experience...

Well, wait. I have a problem with the MMO aspect of it, not the fact of playing with friends. I wouldn't mind playing it with my friends.

I think a far better solution would be taking the gameplay and mechanics of Skyrim with the MMO aspect, rather than making an MMO that sounds to be a carbon copy of World of Warcraft.

Though, I am not too big on Elder Scrolls games, so I'm not going to play it either way.

Seriously, I only play Skyrim once every month or two, for only a few hours, when I have absolutely nothing else to do and am really bored. LITERALLY.

Sent from my swiper using Tapatalk 2

I think a far better solution would be taking the gameplay and mechanics of Skyrim with the MMO aspect, rather than making an MMO that sounds to be a carbon copy of World of Warcraft.

Though, I am not too big on Elder Scrolls games, so I'm not going to play it either way.

Seriously, I only play Skyrim once every month or two, for only a few hours, when I have absolutely nothing else to do and am really bored. LITERALLY.

Sent from my swiper using Tapatalk 2

I haven't played Skyrim in God knows how long, probably 4 months. I just loved the Elder Scrolls. Played every single one of them. Love the the story, lore, characters, all that. But Skyrim just... didn't suck me in as long as Morrowind or Oblivion both did, or even Daggerfall. It was just... disappointing, I suppose. I did love the experience of communicating with every Daedric Prince. Love those guys, real cool, anyway... I look forward to exploring Tamriel in its entirety withing an MMO. I love both of those ideas, personally. But, to each his own. I respect your opinion, old bud, so I ask that you respect mine. ;)

I really hope it fails horribly. The francise started going really downward after Morrowind, mainly because Bethesda is trying to target wider audience by removing anything related to roleplaying and numbers, and just making it a plain action game.

And I don't like it.

I have no problem with the western action rpg, I feel that the long lasting effects of decisions in the previous games such as ending the main story in oblivion causes a destroyed church, a giant statue that signifies the end of the conflict and the mentioning of the oblivion crisis in dialogue changing to past tense, while skyrim continues to talk about the civil war, I understand why all the dragons same as there are still daedra beasts not yet defeated in oblivion but if the war is over than why are the losing sides camps still there or still not destroyable? Race being a major theme in the game wasn't explored in all the ways it should have been. I still enjoy the game and it controls great, but I wanted more for my choices and consequences for me choosing a certain race or any option besides simple dialogue changes

Edit: also many of the numbers have been simplified according to bethesda to only health, magic, and stamina because that what the stat choices where increasing anyways

I really hope it fails horribly. The francise started going really downward after Morrowind, mainly because Bethesda is trying to target wider audience by removing anything related to roleplaying and numbers, and just making it a plain action game.

And I don't like it.

While I am not a big fan of the series to begin with, I can safely say that if there's any game in the series I think is worse than Skyrim, it's Morrowind.

I believe this, because, I am not a big fan of missing someone when I attack them with a sword when I am a couple inches from them; that's stupid to me, and makes no sense.

I have fond memories of going into the console and activating cheats which raised certain stats just so I would never miss an enemy when I swing a sword at them, only a few inches away.

They're not good memories.

I was glad when Oblivion fixed this and went action(I love action games), but it couldn't keep my attention for long regardless. Skyrim was meh.

While I am not a big fan of the series to begin with, I can safely say that if there's any game in the series I think is worse than Skyrim, it's Morrowind.

I believe this, because, I am not a big fan of missing someone when I attack them with a sword when I am a couple inches from them; that's stupid to me, and makes no sense.

I have fond memories of going into the console and activating cheats which raised certain stats just so I would never miss an enemy when I swing a sword at them, only a few inches away.

They're not good memories.

I was glad when Oblivion fixed this and went action(I love action games), but it couldn't keep my attention for long regardless. Skyrim was meh.

Yeah, I have noticed that there are many, many people who dislike the combat system in Morrowind, The game just is not an action game, it's a traditional RPG. For example, in some eastern RPGs you hit opponents, but still it says that you missed (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger etc.). This game is no different, and I have very fond memories of it.

However, I do like Oblivion's and Skyrim's combat systems, too. They are very different from Morrowind's, but that's not necessary a bad thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.