How to get my map into SharpOcarina?

KevinB834

Question

I have no Idea how to get my map into the program. What format do I have to make it and what do I do to get it to that format? I think I have to make it XML, but I don't have any way to export my map into XML. If I export it as.obj and change the format from .obj to XML and try to open it in SharpOcarina it will say there is an error. Any ideas?

6 answers to this question

To get your map into SharpOcarina, export it as an OBJ file then start SharpOcarina and go to "file," then press "New Scene." From there add the OBJ file you intended to be for the map's collision to "Collsion Model." Finally, go tot eh "rooms" tab and add the room(s) you intend to be the mesh (textured map with all the details and stuff) and you're done. You can also add all the actors and set collision types.

Sanguinetti,

not to sound rude, but if you make a How-To, it seems the most important thing to do is to tell people where to click, etc. I was under the impression that was the point of the exercise.

I only say this because I tried using your video as well and was not able to follow the tools and techniques you use due to a lack of explanation.

Once, again, I say this with respect and appreciation for your efforts. It is just my 2 cents.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.