Sonic: The Lost Land

Shadow Fire

Posted Image

Project Creator: Shadow Fire
Project Type: Sega Mega Drive/Genesis ROM Modification
Latest Release: May 14, 2007
Level of Completion: ~20%

Basic Information
Sonic: The Lost Land is a hack of Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive. The game is comprised of 7 levels, each filled with traps and badniks intent on bringing down Sonic once and for all. There is also a special realm consisting of 6 Chaos Emeralds. If you have collected at least 50 rings by the time you finish the level, you will see a giant ring. Jump into it to be taken to the secret realm. A dynamic palette system is set up, making each act load its own palette (á la Knuckles' Chaotix), as well as a dynamic music system, allowing each act to load its own music.

Story
The Lost Land. A beautiful island paradise, once inhabited by creatures known only as the ancients. Unfortunately, it has recently come under threat by the EggRobo, who wishes to wipe out all organic life on the face of the planet. Sonic knows the cybernetic creation must be stopped, so he sets off to put an end to the mecha's plans.

Zones
Seven zones are hidden within the mysterious Lost Land. Each of them is filled with dangers that were placed to impede Sonic's heroic attempts at saving all organic life. The blue blur must proceed with caution, but time is of the essence.

Palmtree Paradise
A tranquil hillside area by a sparkling lake. Sonic can feel the grass under his feet as he runs along. The loop-de-loops look rather fun, but the spikes don't. Ouch!

Magma Mansion
Sonic must watch his step as he tackles the lava-filled marble ruins of an ancient civilisation. Many of the traps are still active, so he must be on his guard at all times.

Gallant Garden
After bouncing around on the many springs while avoiding the traps and enemies that are present in this lush mountainside garden, our blue hero may want to stop and smell the flowers. He must ride platforms to great heights, but when the time comes, will he be courageous enough to take a leap of faith? Whee!

Sunken Shrine
A mysterious labyrinth that has been flooded with water. Sonic can only survive for 30 seconds underwater. Will he make it through before losing his oxygen?

Celestial City
Construction has long been abandoned in this magnificent city, located high in the sky. Sonic must ride the loop-de-loops and platforms, all the while keeping a lookout for any traps or enemies. If he falls, it's a long way to the bottom!

Eggrobo Empire
Sonic has found Eggman's abandoned base, where the EggRobo has fled. Our hero has the mech in his sights, but what's this? A barrier prevents him from getting to the final arena. Looks like he'll have to search for another way in.

Fatal Fortress
This is it. Sonic finally arrives at the final destination, where he will fight EggRobo to decide the fate of the world. EggRobo must not succeed! Good luck, Sonic!

fileinfo.pngDOWNLOAD
The current version (Release 5) of Sonic: The Lost Land is currently unavailable.

Previous Versions
Release 4: 1.28 MB - DOWNLOAD
Release 3: 393 KB - DOWNLOAD
Release 2: 382 KB - DOWNLOAD
Release 1: 395 KB - DOWNLOAD

To view the official Project page, click the icon below:

Sonic: The Lost Land

Feel free to discuss.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh very nice, I see you got it here too! When is Release 5 coming out?

Oh nice! I like Sonic lots! I too am being curious when new release.

Sorry for the delay guys. I would really like to have a new release out, but progress at the moment is moving slower than a snail. With real life, and my obligations to the URA Project, plus some snags with the ROM hacking, I haven't been able to do any work on it at the moment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.