The Rennaissance Project

Zeth Ryder

rennaissance-logo.png

Project Creator: Zeth

Project Type: Nintendo 64 Retexture

Latest Release: February 7, 2010
Level of Completion: ~82%(No longer being worked on)

Basic Information
The Rennaissance Project is a retexturing project to make The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time appear more high-resolution, imitating the style used in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. For a time, actual modification was taking place, to make the game more difficult, but that idea was scrapped after a while. Now, the retexture project is all that remains, but even that is enough to blow people away.

Download

download.png

Optional Downloads

The Complete Link Pack

Mode 7's Sky Pack

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, Zeth. You probably don't know me, but I surely do know you from a while back. Not in person, but I downloaded some texture pack from you a while back, probably years ago. I'm amazed at the sight of this project, and would like to wish you the best of luck in this project's completion :P. I'm not here to ask for a release date, but I wish to see this awesome project become a #1 hit. Remember, if the world and life turns out to be a hassle, just remember that you've still got great fans out there wanting what's best for you. So if you ever feel rushed, just remember not to hurry too fast. Y'know, take your time. I do, however, hope to see this project become a huge hit one day :P! And I also wish you the best of luck in your future projects, as well as this one :).

Ok well,as ive said in my introduction which no one read,its been awhile since ive been on a forum or used an emulator in about 3 yrs or so.I downloaded the TP texture pack that zeth just relaeased and did everything,but not all the textures are working.Is there a new video plugin that im unaware off? :P I'm using rice's vid plugin 6.1.1 10 beta and using PJ64 1.6. so if someone can tell me how to fix my problem that would be great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I thought I take a break from URA and start fixing a lot of the textures in this pack and start working on the missing ones! Thanks goes to shadowfire for the help with the font! So far I'm liking where this is going! When you guys get the new pack when I put it up, you will notice some of the text for area locations is a bit different, this is cause Shadowfire and I think it would be better to correct some of the translation bugs in the text, most of the NOA Text was kept while others were changed to fit the area much better. I hope you enjoy the new pix!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also some Work In Progress with Kakariko! I believe this one of my most horrible mistakes with texturing was this village, so I'm reworking things so the textures on the buildings and surroundings fit a lot nicer! I hope you guys like the WIP screenshots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Updates are looking amazing as always. Zelda's horse looks really majestic now, and text is just.... <3

One question i do have (Feel like I might have asked it before, but don't remember) is will this retexture also work with the Ura Zelda ROM 100% once both projects are finished? That would be all kinds of awesome.

I second oddMLan.

I also have a request to make.

When this project finally reaches it's finish, might you make separate packs that change the environment somewhat? Like changing grass to snow or sand, that'd be quite amazing to a simple mind such as mine... feel free to completely ignore this request, it's just something that'd make me VERY happy, seeing as how I prefer snowy environments.

• 1 month later...

So this might sound a little odd and out of place, but I'm trying to get the shaders to work and to my advantage it's not working. I keep crashing when I put in rice's plugin 6.1.9 not sure if i need 6.1.9 DX9 and if so where do I find it? Or is it that I'm using project 64 1.6, might I need 1.7? Please Help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.